Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report -first Domestic CE run

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:39 am

....which is my biggest worry on GLA busy services. Although less bags to jam the overheads. Wonder if it will stop those who used to dump there bags near the front.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I doubt it!!! Not unless BA crews actually enforce it!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
The number of A319s is to decrease, presumably with more A321s.
The A320s are also getting 12 more seats (soon to be 180Y), anything less than 6 rows of Club won't see a capacity drop.

Out of interst - can anyone remember the seat counts for the A320 when it first arrived at BA? 150Y?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
The number of A319s is to decrease, presumably with more A321s.
The A320s are also getting 12 more seats (soon to be 180Y), anything less than 6 rows of Club won't see a capacity drop.

Out of interst - can anyone remember the seat counts for the A320 when it first arrived at BA? 150Y?
The original G-BUSx aircraft were configured 146M, with one WC at the front and two at the rear.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Silver, MilagePlus Gold, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
12 rows of CE ofcourse means 24 fewer available seats ..
Hi,
Will CE on Domestic Flights give 20 or 40 Teir Points?
Thanks
KT
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kt1931
Hi,
Thanks
KT
40 tier points one way
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:04 pm

....which is my biggest worry on GLA busy services. Although less bags to jam the overheads. Wonder if it will stop those who used to dump there bags near the front.
On a recent trip with Lufthansa, I noticed that the overheads in the Business Class are had plackards stating "For Business Class Only". I dont't know if the command was actively enforced, but there was plenty of room, even for a relatively late boarder.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by RGS5526
On a recent trip with Lufthansa, I noticed that the overheads in the Business Class are had plackards stating "For Business Class Only". I dont't know if the command was actively enforced, but there was plenty of room, even for a relatively late boarder.
I understand the concept, and approve the principle, but how would such labelling work with BA's variable [i.e. demand driven] CE cabin? Does LH also have a 'movable class divider'?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
I understand the concept, and approve the principle, but how would such labelling work with BA's variable [i.e. demand driven] CE cabin? Does LH also have a 'movable class divider'?
LH (and associated group airlines) do have a moveable divider. Most (not all) of their Airbus fleet have the notices about the bins being reserved for business class. I think the first three bins on each side are labelled as reserved for J, irrespective of the size of the J cabin on that particular flight. The good thing is that the CC keep these bins closed during the boarding process, so that simple fact prevents non-eligible passengers to use these bins. It works far better than BA.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks for clarifying, rossmacd. So labelling the first 3 rows, and having the bins closed, is a simple solution to the long-running complaints! However, as with other 'issues', BA clearly has little interest in addressing the subject.

Aplogies for thread drift!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by kt1931
Hi,
Thanks
KT
Just to confirm I was credited 40 points for the flight
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Prospero
The original G-BUSx aircraft were configured 146M, with one WC at the front and two at the rear.
For anyone who wants a taster of what the future looks like, EI's current A320s are 174Y. Then squeeze another row in....
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by bd95
For anyone who wants a taster of what the future looks like, EI's current A320s are 174Y. Then squeeze another row in....
Lufthansa has 180M A320s in service: http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...1493975145.pdf

Note despite the extra rows, the overwing exits are still at rows 11 and 12 which matches BA's A320s
Attached Images  
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, OWE Saphire, VS, IB, HHonours, Former Under The Sea Dweller
Dumping of Bags by Eco Passengers in Business on SH, I was on an IB flight to Madrid from DUS recently, and the ECO passengers were blatantly dumping there bags in the business overheads and not all Business passengers were sat, Luckily I always get on 1st for this reason
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Prospero
Lufthansa has 180M A320s in service: http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...1493975145.pdf

Note despite the extra rows, the overwing exits are still at rows 11 and 12 which matches BA's A320s
Note also the way the rear two rows are shown, accurately, as having narrower seats - in order to preserve the minimum aisle width as the fuselage narrows, all the high-density A320 series aircraft I have been on have very cramped seating in the last 2 rows. Sitting there is to be avoided, even if one has to pay a seat selection fee. On Easyjet, for example, the last row seats are about 5cm narrower than the other seats on the aircraft. If BA has seats that far back in any higher density layouts, this applies to them too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.