Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgrade rights?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:45 am

[QUOTE=....you can ask BA to rebook to a later flight (and they will do this, that's not in dispute), moreover on endorseable tickets (not redemptions) you can be endorsed over to other carriers if the airport staff are kept on side.[/QUOTE]

Would this be the case when travelling on a 2-4-1 as well (asking to be rebooked on a later flight) if you have some flexibility with travel dates? I understand this is not always possible, however gives those on the 2-4-1 hope that the issue can be resolved rather than accept the downgrade. Or are you forced to travel on the service in a downgraded cabin? What would the options be?

Where would the Avios redemption tickets stand in a downgrade situation (same level as the 2-4-1 or higher)?

If for example two of you were booked in F on a 2-4-1 and a downgrade situation presented itself and you knew that there were 2-4-1 redemptions in CW, how would the process work? You were downgraded to CW, and the CW redemptions downgraded to WTP or WT?

Tks
AB
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by thefuzzylogic
..../....It just seems like another symptom of the corporate culture shifting towards cost-cutting wherever legally possible, whether or not it's right by the customer or the brand.
Or the interests of shareholders. A tech journalist friend of mine refers to this being "the age of managerialism" where overpaid, undertalented business leaders act first and foremost in pursuit of their own annual bonuses. BA may yet prove a case study.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR and other stuff too tedious to mention
Quotes of the Day ?

Originally Posted by LostAntipod
"the age of managerialism"
and........

Originally Posted by LostAntipod
overpaid, undertalented business leaders
Epic phrases both - well done for making me smile!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Good Advice when using BA Companion Voucher?

Any thoughts/ ideas / feedback on this suggestion over on HFPs....?
http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/04...comment-248604

"I’ve thought of an interesting learning point for those yet to use their 241 vouchers on future flights…. I’ve just discovered it is perfectly possible to get a BA flight quote emailed to you of what it would cost you to buy a return cash ticket for one pax. So if you do this on the same day that you pay for your flights with the companion voucher + Avios you now have an approximate record of what BA values in Ł GBP for a companion voucher's buying power for your flight.

Not totally sure what MCOL would say about the legals, but at the very least it might be a useful trick to do and file away for those concerned and a reminder to BA (and Amex) that the companion voucher does have value!

For the remainder of this year I suspect whilst AMEX may see a decrease in applications, CEDR may see an increase in claims!"

Last edited by ScubaRoo; Apr 6, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You can just print a quote from ITA if you want to go down this route.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:51 am

Figures

It would be interesting to see figures on numbers of 2-4-1 redemption tickets downgraded compared to cash tickets
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Smanc
It would be interesting to see figures on numbers of 2-4-1 redemption tickets downgraded compared to cash tickets
Considerably below 1% in both cases. Someone on a 2-4-1 but who has paid for seating is less likely to be downgraded than last minute revenue ticket sold without seat allocation.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You can price a ticket for the same route 10 seconds apart and the price may change.

But, the price at which a vendor, in this case BA, will sell a unit may well be vastly different than the same vendor is prepared to let the same unit (seat) go as part of a promotion which is, after all intended to prod a consumer to spend where he otherwise might not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.