Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption rebooked into C following schedule change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Hi,
A friend has a redemption booking in CW and following a schedule change has been rebooked into the C booking class according to myflights. Are they likely to now earn the Avios and Tier Points on that sector or will the computer figure it out automatically? They could also select seats as per a regular CW flexible ticket. It's not within the free selection window as the flights are next year!

Thanks,

john
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It might stay that way. In which case it can either be credited as a redemption booking (i.e. 0) or as C. Should be the former, sometimes the latter.

It may be queued to ticketing to force open a U class seat which will be done in due course. In which case both the seat will get kicked out and you will definitely not earn Avios/TPs.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

It looks like it's ticketed already as there are two e-ticket numbers for outbound (old and new I guess). Has a restriction of..

INVOL REROUTE REDEMPTION/RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY/NO CASH REFUND/NON ENDORSABLE

This is a 241 booking and he called to add the inbound this morning so I guess something could change when the inbound gets ticketed..
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This happened to us My wife and I had award tickets we got involuntary rerouted due to schedule changed and put into U so no Avios were posted but our daugther who was leaving from a different destination, also on an award ticket, got reticketed into C and got the Avios so yes it does happen.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Have had similar before - booked and paid for W both ways, and upgraded with Avios to J both ways. So should have got W tier points only on both flights

schedule change meant we got re-booked to a different day for the return flight, but this time on a cash fare code for J so got the full tier points

probably an error, but not my problem to sort it out if in my favour...
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Just to add my experience - we had award flights LHR-SEA. They cancelled the late flight and rebooked for the earlier one that day. We said could we go on the later one the previous day and BA said fine. Showed as a full fare in MMB, but posted as a donut after the flight.

Clearly there are some exceptions, but don't go counting on it.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
It may be queued to ticketing to force open a U class seat which will be done in due course. In which case both the seat will get kicked out and you will definitely not earn Avios/TPs.
Just to update, the above is what has happened. Seats removed, and now its in U class!

thanks

john

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.