Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Euro traveller catering from LCY

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Euro traveller catering from LCY

Does anyone have updates on when BA will stop the free meals from City airport? The website and other posts I have read so far all mention "from the summer 17 schedule the M&S cafe will be implemented on the LCY and Stansted routes". What does summer 17 mean for BA?
I have a flight from LCY to Ibiza on Sat 20th May.
Does anyone have specific dates on this change?
Thank you all for your help.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I asked the CC this question a few weeks ago and they had been told it would be some time in April. They have had their training.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Giorgiok86
Does anyone have updates on when BA will stop the free meals from City airport? The website and other posts I have read so far all mention "from the summer 17 schedule the M&S cafe will be implemented on the LCY and Stansted routes". What does summer 17 mean for BA?
I have a flight from LCY to Ibiza on Sat 20th May.
Does anyone have specific dates on this change?
Thank you all for your help.
The "free meals" stopped some time ago. On my most recent flights, the breakfast has been a tiny "toasted" panini and the evening service consists of a drink and packet of two shortbread fingers.

If you think you might want to eat and drink on your flight, you'd better pick something up at Pret by Gate 3. Or even a Boots meal deal.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuff
I asked the CC this question a few weeks ago and they had been told it would be some time in April. They have had their training.
Good to know. Thanks Tuff
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:08 am

Euro Traveller were still getting a proper hot breakfast and full bar service on my Band 3 flight last week - CC did not know exactly when the change was coming

LCY catering in CE was great both ways on this route (one breakfast, one light supper): better than the equivalent offering out of LHR/LGW
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:09 am

To clarify (as re-reading my post it looks confusing...) - I was travelling in CE, but in the last row with the curtain open so I know what the ET meal looked like: looked pretty decent still for the Band 3 flights
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ratypus
To clarify (as re-reading my post it looks confusing...) - I was travelling in CE, but in the last row with the curtain open so I know what the ET meal looked like: looked pretty decent still for the Band 3 flights
Thanks ratypus, very helpful. Doing the CE from Bergen to LHR now (Medium). Will post pics of the updated catering soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.