Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman
Just emailed CR. Completely lost my patience with this.....

GLA/PMI return in June X3 for my 30th = very not cheap.

BA website stating still 'a tasty hot meal accompanied by warm bread and a full bar service (on flights within Europe).'

Well, a choice between an 'Amuse Buche' salad with warm bread, or a heated panini without warm bread isn't that.

So that's false advertising no?
Yep it is - but BAs strength is in falsely advertising it's catering - if people wanted to take things further I think they would end up in the favour of passengers.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone know If the special meals on medium routes have been changed? I used to order the Muslim meal during brunch and afternoon tea which was substantial and delicious.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
It's a shame we never got to see what old CE was like. We've got our return leg from MLA. For research I've requested the normal menu in the hopes there's a veggie option left by the time they get to me...

We've got one more (most likely the last!) CE flight in a few weeks, will report the food back from that too.

when the seat in front of me reclined into my knee caps yesterday I did wonder why on earth i didn't just get my usual emergency exit seat
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
I have to say that if I were running a company that was making a fundamental change in its offering to the public, I would make sure that the customer-facing website was updated on the day of implementation.

The BA website, of course, remains as it has been complete with references to scones as an integral part of afternoon tea.

Is there anyone in charge with any experience of running an effective and responsive company?
Attached Images  
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Mapman
I have to say that if I were running a company that was making a fundamental change in its offering to the public, I would make sure that the customer-facing website was updated on the day of implementation.

The BA website, of course, remains as it has been complete with references to scones as an integral part of afternoon tea.

Is there anyone in charge with any experience of running an effective and responsive company?
Well, in fairness, the savouries disappeared ages ago and are still in the description too! I would venture the guess that somewhere, the website might still refer to supersonic travel on the Concorde!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Well, one of our community will be happy - Uncle T has finally got his bread plate, so, to be fair, BA has listened and reacted positively to that particular request

But when will we learn? BA never gives anything away without an equal/opposite withdrawal of something else.

As punishment we've seemingly lost a couple of items that were important to me. The fruit plate at breakfast, and possibly the best bit of the otherwise complete dog of Afternoon Tea - the scones! Afternoon Tea which was always sold as that most British of meals now missing its most iconic part. I realise this might not be an important thing in Spain, but Alex you've done a terrible thing here

Taking into account that legroom is probably going to reduce with the further densification of the s/h cabins and what is looking more and more like an enhancement of the catering (happy to be proved wrong) I do think that self catering in an exit row is the way forward especially on the short/medium routes.

Has anyone heard from BA as to whether they genuinely think all this is an improvement. I get that there are some winners here on the domestics and possibly some of the longer routes (fruit plates notwithstanding) but for those on a low carb diet it looks pretty grim elsewhere.

Last edited by Betteronacamel; Mar 27, 2017 at 1:18 am
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
My lovely surprise of an upgrade on Iberia recently resulted in a pretty decent, low carb friendly breakfast.

It was an omelette with cooked tomatoes. The tomatoes were so good, I've started cooking them in that style at home.

For those of you who are interested: fry some halved cherry tomatoes/quartered vine ripened tomatoes in a small saucepan in a good pouring of olive oil (the light stuff, not extra virgin). Add a good pinch of oregano and season to taste. You want it a bit mushy. Delicious!
TFM likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Flew from IBZ to LCY yesterday (Sunday 26 Mar) - it looks like some of the changes apply to the LCY flights and some don't:

- The CW mugs were present
- The tray size was reduced
- Printed menus were present
- Wine and champagne served from small bottles still
- No bread plates
- No starter
- No cheese (just desert)

On an unrelated note I was surprised there were no passport checks in leaving IBZ - normally I'd expect to be checked leaving Schengen, and there was even an unmanned passport check desk just in front of the departure gate.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Short service today, LGW to JER, full English.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Well, one of our community will be happy - Uncle T has finally got his bread plate, so, to be fair, BA has listened and reacted positively to that particular request
Except that his latest trip (starting today) has him in ET from JER to LGW
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
I have always had menus in CE on Band 3 on BA CityFlyer and found the catering to be much better.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Looks quite pleasant.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Looks like CWS is dropping hints over his "real" job (007)

Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Physci
Looks like CWS is dropping hints over his "real" job (007)
[/IMG]
You see...if they'd haven given him some fruit, you wouldn't have seen that!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I am glad that this one seems unchanged, as I like it very much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.