Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Biometrics to replace boarding passes at LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...aster-boarding mentions that BA is looking to extend biometric scanning to eventually replace boarding pass checks upon boarding at T5. Per the article it's currently in effect for three domestic gates, but they would like to eventually extend it to all gates and international flights.

I would hope they improve the system of moving biometrics between flights if that is the case.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by dylanks
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...aster-boarding mentions that BA is looking to extend biometric scanning to eventually replace boarding pass checks upon boarding at T5. Per the article it's currently in effect for three domestic gates, but they would like to eventually extend it to all gates and international flights.

I would hope they improve the system of moving biometrics between flights if that is the case.
This was in the FT this weekend also, but it's behind a paywall there. By the autumn they are looking to have it all working at T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.