Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report ATH-LHR-ATH CE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Thanks for that. I missed this when originally reported, and thankfully haven't been stung by it. It sounds like it would be fairly annoying, especially for Y passengers who would like to pick a seat in front of the plane as soon as online check-in opens. I hope it gets sorted soon, as this adds another ridiculous layer to the whole process.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
Am I the only one who picked up on this? Who said you needed a visa for Greece? Was it someone at the airport, or an electronic prompt?
Both. Electronic prompt at OLCI and also at the airport desks! Took the agent giving a phonecall to sort out. She said if I proceeded straight to departures without passing by the desk it probably would have turned me back when I scanned my boarding pass at the entrance of security.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
Thanks for that. I missed this when originally reported, and thankfully haven't been stung by it. It sounds like it would be fairly annoying, especially for Y passengers who would like to pick a seat in front of the plane as soon as online check-in opens. I hope it gets sorted soon, as this adds another ridiculous layer to the whole process.
No you can choose seats, it just doesnt allow you to print the boarding pass. As far as the computer sees it, you are checked in but still have to visit the desk physically to get your boarding pass issued.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Looks no bigger than the old Domestic Breakfast!
Agreed. I would expect a breakfast on the ATH sector to have a little bit more to it. Failing that, maybe an additional snack or something before arrival. I wouldn't expect ATH to be catered in the same way as VIE or LIN- which appears to be the case.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Agreed. I would expect a breakfast on the ATH sector to have a little bit more to it. Failing that, maybe an additional snack or something before arrival. I wouldn't expect ATH to be catered in the same way as VIE or LIN- which appears to be the case.
Yes but what can they give as a desert? It already had one. I think its enough for a 4 hour flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.