Community
Wiki Posts
Search

my issue with the YYZ BA lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I really liked the lounge on my recent visit, but it was my first time there and I am confused by the OP's post. I thought the food was very good- a hot food buffet, a pasta station, sandwiches- more than mere snacks at any rate, and I was only flying WTP. Was I in the wrong bit??
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
I really liked the lounge on my recent visit, but it was my first time there and I am confused by the OP's post. I thought the food was very good- a hot food buffet, a pasta station, sandwiches- more than mere snacks at any rate, and I was only flying WTP. Was I in the wrong bit??
Yeah - if you were in WTP - you shouldn't have been let in there - that's the pre-flight dining.

But it does rather involve a) the agent not giving you a ticket (which sometimes happens acidentally) and b) someone being on the desk to take the ticket as you go in (which is occasionally unmanned).
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
As a fairly regular user of the lounge I'm a fan. The food on offer for WT/WT+ is adequate I think, and I plan my flight knowing that (as in, I'll eat a full meal on the early flight and for the later one snack in the lounge and then sleep on the plane).

More concerned about the route going to Mixed Fleet. Is that a certainty, and when is it happening?

Also, anyone know why the equipment varies so much? When I first started using the route two years back it was always a 787 or 777, then it switched to 747/777 and now seems back to 787/777. Is it seasonal?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by williamn78
More concerned about the route going to Mixed Fleet. Is that a certainty, and when is it happening?

Also, anyone know why the equipment varies so much? When I first started using the route two years back it was always a 787 or 777, then it switched to 747/777 and now seems back to 787/777. Is it seasonal?
Changing to MF on 1APR. So in two weeks from today ish.

There is no normal pattern for YYZ, the only guarantee is it will be a 747, 777 or 787.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
I was on BA98 coming back and there was 1 pack of chips and some cheese left to eat. I might have sounded a little too harsh on my opening post. But IMO to have access to the First class lounge you would expect some sort of food/snacks on a level higher than a pay-per-use lounge.

Actually in fact the KLM lounge beside is a much better choice for non j/f travellers as you will get hot food buffet.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I have only been there once, flying F. The F side was completely full. I sat on the J side, but went back to eat in the F dining area. I agree about the staff. I notice that one person writes that the food J side is better than the AC International MLL. How do others feel?

I ask because it seems I shall be doing semi-regular TATLs (but next one is one AC), so wondering with whom I should fly.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by JTXC
I have only been there once, flying F. The F side was completely full. I sat on the J side, but went back to eat in the F dining area. I agree about the staff. I notice that one person writes that the food J side is better than the AC International MLL. How do others feel?

I ask because it seems I shall be doing semi-regular TATLs (but next one is one AC), so wondering with whom I should fly.
which cabin?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
AC J, BA F.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by JTXC
AC J, BA F.
mmm. Tricky given that. BA does pre flight dining and it's pretty good out of YYZ in F.

T2 is a better arrivals experience at LHR. United arrivals lounge is ok - as good as BA I belive. CCR is probably better than the T2 lounges though but depends what is important to you.

Bedding better in AC J, I think, but bigger cabin.

But the BA staff at YYZ will treat you like an old friend once they recognise you.

I'D probably go F if you can go F and if you aren't already get GGL and get the joker access for redemptions.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: FT
Another fan of this lounge. You probably could have asked for more. And I suspect the manager would have done his best to accommodate.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
As I've only flown BA CW or F TATL from YYZ I find for my home lounge it is very nice for an outstation. However for someone travelling WT or WT+ I can see your point on the food side. However you get everything else. Still a lot more pleasant than the gate area. Plus the food available to WT or WT+ is still better than AC's flagship YYZ Intl MLL in T1.
I agree with this - for a flagship lounge in AC's main hub the MLL is rubbish.

Which means for an outstation lounge the BA lounge is just fine.

Interestingly the MLL in LHR T2 is very well catered for all pax.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Also in the two visits to the YYZ BA lounge where I was not in CW/F I was discreetly offered pre-flight dining so I'm afraid I haven't got anything negative to say about this lounge!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Also in the two visits to the YYZ BA lounge where I was not in CW/F I was discreetly offered pre-flight dining so I'm afraid I haven't got anything negative to say about this lounge!
Obviously!

Good to see that they look after regulars.

I like the Scottish sounding lady that sometimes works at the reception.

Have been looked after by the same lady in the F lounge restaurant for many years but not seen her for a year or two.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Calum
Changing to MF on 1APR. So in two weeks from today.
Interesting. I'll need to acknowledge this on 098 F next Sat.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:40 pm

Just had a fantastic sit-down dinner in the F dining room. Asked for the chef to come out so I could thank him.

We passed on desert so as to enjoy in the cabin (098 who's departure moves forward 1 hr tonight due to BST).

Well done BA-YYZ!

Last edited by johnston21; Mar 25, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.