Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

10h until Check-in opens and still not ticketed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10h until Check-in opens and still not ticketed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
If you really just want it done, then call every 7 days to keep your credit card security code updated. Otherwise leave it alone until a couple of days before departure. Whichever method works best for you...
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Global Entry
OP here and I've just got back from my trip. I thought I would give a quick update. While my ticket was reissued just in the nick of time. I had UUA'd from J to F so my baggage allowance should be three bags. I could see that my e-ticket allowance was saying two bags.

At NCL I tried to check-in three, the third bag was small and could have gone as carry on but I just didn't want to carry it. I did some insisting that my allowance was three bags and the agent did end up pushing it through, on account of the fact that it was a small bag.

I'm not sure how this would have worked elsewhere or how else this could have been resolved? It's moot for me now as it worked out but for the future it would be good to know how to resolve this type of issue.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:36 pm

I have a flight in about a week which was UuA'd over a month ago and still isn't ticketed. I called up today to see of they had any ideas (also if they needed the CVV again based on what I've seen on here).

They told me it was still waiting processing and there was nothing further to do; they said it would be processed in time but had no idea when that would be. They didn't seem to want the CVV though, so I'm not convinced it will be retickted without further effort on my part nearer the time.

I will wait a few more days but I don't want to get to T-24 still unticketed. I have a connecting flight into DFW on the same booking, so won't be able to get to the airport particularly early on the day if it's still not ticketed.

Very frustrating, I'm surprised they are allowed to get away with this!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BAflyer90
I have a flight in about a week which was UuA'd over a month ago and still isn't ticketed. I called up today to see of they had any ideas (also if they needed the CVV again based on what I've seen on here).

They told me it was still waiting processing and there was nothing further to do; they said it would be processed in time but had no idea when that would be. They didn't seem to want the CVV though, so I'm not convinced it will be retickted without further effort on my part nearer the time.

I will wait a few more days but I don't want to get to T-24 still unticketed. I have a connecting flight into DFW on the same booking, so won't be able to get to the airport particularly early on the day if it's still not ticketed.

Very frustrating, I'm surprised they are allowed to get away with this!
I don't recall this happening to me the last time I did a UuA (about two years ago).

Is this a relatively new problem? If so, any idea as to what has changed to cause this ticketing delay?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by DavidYYC

Is this a relatively new problem? If so, any idea as to what has changed to cause this ticketing delay?
Yes, it's due to staff cutbacks - there is a very large queue (well technically queues) of tickets waiting to be processed so this backlog is prioritised in different ways. The thinking is that if you're not travelling for many months then it can be sorted out in a quiet period further down the line, whilst people travelling in a few days get priority.

You can see how well that is working, even before you consider the issues BA have with storing / deleting / collecting CVVs.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DavidYYC
I don't recall this happening to me the last time I did a UuA (about two years ago).
If the UuA is done while your ticket is in the self serve channel still (so typically the online link worked, which isn't often) then ticketing is automatic and takes an hour or less. If you did the UuA manually, but close to travel date, and/or you have status, it may have risen to the top of the pile anyway and you wouldn't have noticed anything untoward.

Many of the cases we see here are non status passengers with many months to go before travel, and the worst cases involve manual payment using USD, which need to be processed by a third party company, which few BA staff would rate very highly.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:43 am

They will be losing some revenue as a result of this. My Bronze parents added a CW return to a 241 and the reticketing queue means they cant select seats for the inbound which means BA wont get the Ł200ish they would have spent on UD seat selection.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I believe they can call up and buy the seating via the Contact Centres. I haven't seen any recent examples of this so if someone has bought seating when definitely unticketed, it would be good to hear from them.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I believe they can call up and buy the seating via the Contact Centres. I haven't seen any recent examples of this so if someone has bought seating when definitely unticketed, it would be good to hear from them.
Thanks, great to know, I shall get on to them
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
We are not ticketed but were able to call and purchase seats for our flight. Still makes me a bit nervous though.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Sorry for the bump and hijack!

Am I correct in thinking that if a TA hasn't ticketed your flight then basically you haven't got a flight?

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
You may have a reservation but the airline hasn't been paid for it yet... The ticket is the document that records payment and what passage has been paid for...
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
You may have a reservation but the airline hasn't been paid for it yet... The ticket is the document that records payment and what passage has been paid for...
Is it more accurate to state that the airline 'hasn't taken payment ' for it yet? That is the issue many of us are having with BA and reticketing - we have provided them with the means for payment (credit card number and CVV) but they have chosen not to staff the relevant department to actually take the money in a timely fashion. Do travel agents have the same issue getting BA to accept payment?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Thanks. I used a TA for a GUF2. They are now saying that the ticket is under a group booking. As I remember these appear in MMB at T-24 and until then seat selection is not possible until then.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Is it more accurate to state that the airline 'hasn't taken payment ' for it yet? That is the issue many of us are having with BA and reticketing - we have provided them with the means for payment (credit card number and CVV) but they have chosen not to staff the relevant department to actually take the money in a timely fashion.
If booked directly with the airline, that would be true - the airline hasn't taken payment yet. But for bookings made with travel agents…

Do travel agents have the same issue getting BA to accept payment?
No. TAs do their own ticketing, and apart from bookings where ticketing is held off (like a group booking in this instance) TAs can ticket as soon as the TA is ready. They rarely need anything from the airline to issue/reissue everyday type bookings.

Last edited by JAXBA; Apr 11, 2017 at 7:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.