Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Delayed EDI-LHR-LIN flight and missed connection advice please.

Delayed EDI-LHR-LIN flight and missed connection advice please.

Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Question Delayed EDI-LHR-LIN flight and missed connection advice please.

Morning all, I'm currently at EDI waiting on BA1441 which is delayed (next announcement at 1215) I had an onward connection to LIN at 1250 on BA0574 which I'm obviously not going to make now. EDI-LIN is all on one ticket so I know I'll get there at some point but I have a couple of questions...

1. Are the remaining 4 flights to Milan very busy? (Will I get there today or will it be tomorrow?)

2. Is the FCC as shown in the Dashboard guide where I go to get a new boarding pass?

3. Will BA LHR know I'm missing my connection or do I need to do something here?

This is the first time this has happened to me and I'm not overly familiar with LHR. Thank you
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
1. BA568: J9 C3 D1 R0 I0 Y9 B2 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 Q0 O0 S0 G9
BA580: J4 C3 D0 R0 I0 Y9 B1 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 Q0 O0 S0 G9
BA570: J1 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y3 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 Q0 O0 S0 G0
BA584: J7 C3 D0 R0 I0 Y9 B2 H2 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 Q0 O0 S0 G9

No problem there; maybe the 570 is iffy, but that's the third latest of four.

2. Yes.

3. They should know, at the latest when you fail conformance in flight connections because your flight has already taken off. You may already have been rebooked at that point - when it happened to me I was connecting from Milan to long haul - but even if not, they can handle it all at connections.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The BA568 has plenty of seats.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Oh dear, Tiffy, at least you're in the perfect lounge for a delay. I think you can now reasonably ask for some fizz, given the shock you have had today. And I don't need to tell you anything about yard-arms.

Originally Posted by Tiffywren
1. Are the remaining 4 flights to Milan very busy? (Will I get there today or will it be tomorrow?)
The 14:55 flight is wide open (BA568), the 18:30 (570) has a few seats. The two Malpensa flights at 16:35 and 20:20 have some spare seats (580, 584 respectively). MXP isn't a bad alternative to LIN, and there are other locations in North Italy too, if you're in a push/shove scenario. And there's Alitalia..... I was once routed via Zurich, which would have been painful except I slipped onto a fast train and was in central Milan fairly quickly.

2. Is the FCC as shown in the Dashboard guide where I go to get a new boarding pass?

3. Will BA LHR know I'm missing my connection or do I need to do something here?
You need to go to the Flight Connection desk in front of gate 5, where they can rebook you. However if you have the App, keep refreshing that, and look at My Bookings, not the home page. It should rebook, though normally only after the EDI sector is shown as departed. If you're very lucky you may even get a boarding pass directly via the App.

Don't worry, you will get there, relax and enjoy the EDI lounge. There's no harm asking the lounge agents to have a look at it, but probably they can't do very much with the so-called on-carriage flight.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The SCCM can also see any rebooking when online, or when the flight is closed and changes have already been made.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, I'm taking the train from Milan to St Moritz and getting in tomorrow morning would make it a bit tight.

c-w-s, I had the first glass at 0830... but I put orange juice with it because that makes it classy not snaggy
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:07 am
Original Poster

The lounge lady has just told us BA1441 is now cancelled... Off to reclaim my bag and see the reservations desk...
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:12 am

Thanks guys, I'm taking the train from Milan to St Moritz and getting in tomorrow morning would make it a bit tight.

c-w-s, I had the first glass at 0830... but I put orange juice with it because that makes it classy not snaggy
Re-routing to ZRH, then train from there is probably easier than Milan and train, to be perfectly honest. And the trains in Switzerland are fantastic
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The lounge lady has just told us BA1441 is now cancelled... Off to reclaim my bag and see the reservations desk...
Disappointing they couldn't rebook you in the lounge, but I guess they had dozens of passengers (and their bags) affected. I know they can rebook if HBO. But I guess you can also ask them to look at going with KLM via AMS.

I was going to suggest Zurich too, but I notice the train service from there isn't that slick, 2 or even 3 changes.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I was going to suggest Zurich too, but I notice the train service from there isn't that slick, 2 or even 3 changes.
The train journey from Zurich Airport to St Moritz is pretty slick - you have to change at Zurich Hbf, of course, but after that there's just one very easy cross-platform change from SBB to RhB at Chur. It's also extremely scenic. I do this journey several times a year, and will be doing so again tomorrow.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

It is very slick. I would rather have 2 changes on a Swiss train than on a Italian train
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

It'll be ironic if I end up going to Zurich to get a train to Milan to get a train to Tirano for the Bernina Express Not sure whether I will laugh or cry at that point!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

On the plus side I have bought a 3-day Swiss rail pass...
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:54 am

It'll be ironic if I end up going to Zurich to get a train to Milan to get a train to Tirano for the Bernina Express Not sure whether I will laugh or cry at that point!
It wouldn't sound at all odd if there were TPs involved. Anyway, how have you been rebooked?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:58 am
Original Poster

I don't know yet, there's one desk open and about 100 people in the queue ahead of me...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.