Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reaching Silver on a Trip - Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Reaching Silver on a Trip - Lounge Access

I don't think that it is permitted but it's worth asking!

I'm 50 points short of reaching Silver which I have until May to get. I am due to fly out mid March which consists of 4 flights. The Tier Point I'll get from this is 50.

Would I be able to get lounge access on these flights or will I have to wait until after the trip? I wasn't sure if there would be some 'leniency' but understandable if not
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Exec Club
No but you could ask
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:06 am

You will only be 'awarded' the new status when the flights required to hit the TP threshold appear on your account. Status update takes 2-3 days after hitting the required threshold.

You will not be permitted in advance of the TPs being credited.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:06 am

You'll start to get Silver benefits once the 600th tier point has credited to your account. This can happen part way through an itinerary - in which case you'll get the benefits for the flights taken after your status updates - but isn't applied in anticipation of future travel. If nothing else, they have no cast-iron guarantee that you'll actually board those flights in the next few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.