BA FLT# 66 delayed (2-24-17)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
BA FLT# 66 delayed (2-24-17)

Hi all,

I don't understand what happened my flight is delayed out of PHL last night. We waited for takeoff more than 20 minutes. I arrived in LHR late, but I missed my flight to Basel. When I stop at ticket counter for my next flight out. He put me on next flight to Basel. He gave me a meal voucher. I called my brother and I told him about what happened my flight this early morning. So I taken care of it. Anyone know why its has happened to me this morning.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
It looks like the flight landed around 5mins late, despite departing an hour late.

I can only imagine that you reached Conformance later than the minimum time permitted.

Unfortunately, Terminal 5 can be a tad challenging to navigate when connecting, but I'm glad to hear BA looked after you and put you onto the next flight to BSL.

Safe travels,

M
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
flight aware has it leaving the gate on time (well 1 minute early) but had a 51 minute taxi which could be for a multitude of reasons including weather or congestion.

It also says that it arrived at the gate 15 minutes later than scheduled.

It was likley that 15 minute delay that got you removed from your original flight to Basel. What time did you arrive in Basel compared to your original schedule as you could be eligible for some compensation.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Feb 25, 2017 at 1:14 pm
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
flight aware has it leaving the gate on time (well 1 minute early) but had a 51 minute taxi which could be for a multitude of reasons including weather or congestion.

It also says that it arrived at the gate 15 minutes later than scheduled.

It was likley that 15 minute delay that got you removed from your original flight. What time did you arrive in Basel compared to your original schedule as you could be eligible for some compensation.
Actually I got on my flight at 11:55am and I arrived in Basel at 2:30pm. I was originally my flight to BSL at 7:40am.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Looking at the figures, you were indeed about 15 minutes late into LHR, arriving at 06:55, so I guess you were in Flight Connections around 07:10 or 07:15 or so, thereby just missing the 07:40 (which left a couple of minutes early). So I guess they put you on the 11:55 to BSL, so you would have been well over 4 hours late, arriving at 14:30 rather than 10:15. A bit of a long night for you really. And the point here is that your aircraft left the gate in PHL just about on time.

This is a relatively short delay, you had a short connection, which would have worked mostly, but not today unfortunately. I suspect the captain did make an announcement, but I seem to recall your hearing is restricted (? And my apologies if I got that wrong). In any case I am a bit disappointed that a cabin crew member didn't find another way to communicate with you. There may have been circumstances where you could have claimed compensation for this sort of delay, but it is important to get the exact cause, hence my comment. However weather or airport congestion won't get you compensation.

Looking at the dispatch data, and knowing how busy PHL is on a Friday night, my best guess is that there was a queue for aircraft lining up to use the runways. It doesn't normally take 50 minutes to get airborne out of PHL, you say there was a 20 minute delay, it looks nearer to 40 minutes to me.

For your information here is the dispatch data:

Code:
PHL ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1840 
 LEFT THE GATE 1839 
 TOOK OFF 1930 
 ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0646 LHR 
LHR AIRCRAFT LANDED 0645 
 ARRIVED 0655 
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 66 -1 FR 24FEB17 
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL 
PHL 1840 FR FAJCDRIWETY/M 777 7:00 
 BHKMLVSNQOG/M 
 X/M 
LHR 0640 SA 7:00
BHKMLVSNQOG/M 
COMMENTS-
 1.PHL LHR - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD 
 2.PHL LHR - DEPARTS TERMINAL A 
 3.PHL LHR - ARRIVES TERMINAL 5 
 4.PHL LHR - 9/ NON-SMOKING 
 5.PHL LHR - SECURED FLIGHT 
 6.PHL LHR - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE 
 7.PHL LHR - CO2/PAX* 326.55 KG ECO, 653.10 KG PRE 
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR 
CONFIGURATION-
 777 F 14 J 48 W 40 M 124
So without better information it looks like airport congestion + tight connection = failed connection to me. Nevertheless did you enjoy your flights yesterday and today?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Possibly more delays today. Currently sat on AA701 as part of ex PAR to HNL. Airfield shut down due to weather. Pilot annoyed as they closed the Airfield with the weather over 20miles away leading to possibly a 45min delay. Owing to AA schedule changes my connection in LAX was only about 45 mins anyway.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you so much for telling me. I am really appreciate that. That's why I was so worried about my next flight to Basel. They couldn't find a spot. They unable to park the aircraft at T5. Everything is full. I am so disappointed about what happened my flight. Hope I fly back to Phoenix on next Friday. We will see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.