Wiki Posts
Search

First time non BA flying east (J)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
First time non BA flying east (J)

My bi annual visits to Thailand to visit my father will never be the same again as I have now experienced Qatar.

As a daily reader of flyer talk I realise I need not harp on about all that is better. That would be like explaining why it's safer to walk down the street in Norway as opposed to Somalia. However, for balance, BA of course offer direct flights to BKK and a status passenger will earn more Avios. For me, that's it. In fact, if travelling on from BKK the first benefit may be invalid as Qatar fly to 4 Thai airports.

I would like to point out that you should not worry about being on the A330. It was super comfortable and the service was identical to the A380. I've no doubt my flight to Doha on the 777 tomorrow will be great too.

What's really sad is that despite the Armani giveaways, the flower in the loo, the excellent food and cheese as well as desert, I doubt if these bits cost Qatar more than £30 or £40 more than BA spend on their equivalent it's and pieces.

I'll only be on BA now shotthaul to ensure I get my 4 legs.

The irony of this is that because I'm going via DOH I'll be BA gold so will be lushing up all that champers when I do fly on my £30 ticket for a weekend in AMS.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:18 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this thread is really almost solely about a QR experience, and has only the most tenuous of connection to BA, we'll close it at this stage.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.