Wiki Posts
Search

Changing RFS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Changing RFS

I don't have time to call up and ask at the moment. As from other threads on the board I can see that if you book a one-way RFS ticket that you then want to cancel, you forfeit the £17.50 taxes, and you do not have to pay an additional £17.50 as this page suggests.

My situation is I have a one-way RFS that I want to change to the next day. Am I right in assuming this will cost me £17.50, even though the page above suggests £35. GCH made the booking if that makes a difference.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by c1223
... if you book a one-way RFS ticket that you then want to cancel, you forfeit the £17.50 taxes, and you do not have to pay an additional £17.50 ...
Correct.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:35 am
Original Poster

So I'd be better off cancelling and rebooking. BA seem to want £35 to change the ticket, which means the total cost is £17.50 for the RFS + £35.

If I cancel, then the total cost would only be £35...

Is it worth calling them?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Additional cost to cancel and new booking is only £17.50 for the new booking. So cancel and making a new booking would be cheaper than changing.

Calling won't result in a different answer. You can do the cancellation and new booking online anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:46 am
Original Poster

OK that's great thanks. I only mention calling them to see if I can just change it direct for £17.50 rather than having to cancel and rebook out of ease. But I probably shouldn't mention calling BA and ease in the same sentence.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
So I'd be better off cancelling and rebooking.
For your situation, correct.

Remember, though, you are even better off rebooking first, and then cancelling. Just in case something goes wrong with the rebooking - you don't want to be left with no booking at all.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
For your situation, correct.

Remember, though, you are even better off rebooking first, and then cancelling. Just in case something goes wrong with the rebooking - you don't want to be left with no booking at all.
correct. Assuming you have enough Avios to do this.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I only mention calling them to see if I can just change it direct for £17.50 rather than having to cancel and rebook out of ease.
The call centre can do this on the phone. There will be two alternatives: either it will change the existing booking for £35; or it will cancel the existing booking forfeiting the £17.50 cash already paid, and make you a new booking.

In other words, you might as well do it yourself online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.