Wiki Posts
Search

When Does 24 Hour check-in start?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
When Does 24 Hour check-in start?

I know, it would seem self evident...but we are flying on Avios redemptions, BOS-DUB-LHR (single ticket) where the BOS-DUB flight is EI and DUB-LHR is BA. We have seats pre-assigned for the EI flight but not the BA flight. For seat selection purposes, does the 24 hour clock commence with the start of our journey (EI flight) or with the BA connecting flight?

THANKS!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
At the start of your journey IME
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: BA
Start of journey I believe. I have also found for day returns I can check in to both flights when it opens for the first one.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Usually there is no problem checking in for your connecting flight at the same time, even if it is over 24 hours beforehand. There have been a few sporadic occasions where I have not been able to do this for varying reasons, so I would not 100% rely on this being available, just a pretty good chance!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:36 am

If it was BA-BA, then you wouldn't have a problem. The fact you are doing EI-BA may throw a spanner in the works.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks all! Going with the possibility that check-in might be available prior to 24 hours I just tried checking in on BA.com (36 hours out) and received the following message:

Online Checkin is not available on your flight
This flight is operated by Aer Lingus. To check in and receive your boarding pass, please visit their website using pnr ref *****

Tried AerLingus check-in and it's too early.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Thanks all! Going with the possibility that check-in might be available prior to 24 hours I just tried checking in on BA.com (36 hours out) and received the following message:

Online Checkin is not available on your flight
This flight is operated by Aer Lingus. To check in and receive your boarding pass, please visit their website using pnr ref *****

Tried AerLingus check-in and it's too early.
My experience has been that I couldn't OLCI on EI website. Had to go to the check in counter (even with no bags).
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Just to close this out, in our case it seems check-in clock starts 24 hours from the BA flight. Was able to select seats through BA.com for both Euro Traveler and Club Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.