Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it really bad form to wear first PJs in Club World....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart

Serious question, I'm definitely going to take the bottoms as they don't have any branding. If I also take and change into the top will I be seen as a bit of a knob?
I only ask because the F pyjamas are the only loungewear that I'm actually comfy in as most flights tend to be too hot.
My alternative is a Mickey Mouse short sleeved PJ top

Please don't close this post, I promise that I'm not fiscal flyer but it's been 10 years since I flew Club World.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:20 pm

Not at all. Wear what you like. I always wear some sort of sleep suit in CW, it is not uncommon to see people in F Pj's or sleeper suits from other airlines
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
I've seen people in F pyjamas in Y before. Bit of a come down for them but there you go!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I've worn the bottoms but not the top
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
totally ok. other airlines fine too.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I, for one, couldn't care less what you are wearing so sure no problem. There are more comfortable night attire than them though, so if you have something more comfortable, wear them :-)

Enjoy the flight!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, I'll wear the top and not be so paranoid of what other travellers are thinking of me, I guess the likelihood is that no one will notice.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
I, for one, couldn't care less what you are wearing so sure no problem. There are more comfortable night attire than them though, so if you have something more comfortable, wear them :-)

Enjoy the flight!
Really, I absolutely love my F PJs, they are really comfortable and for a female they are the only pyjamas that aren't too short. I'm taller than average.

Just wear whatever you want.

I am surprised this is a serious question!

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
When I used to travel a lot, I made a point of wearing Virgin pyjamas on BA flights, BA ones on SQ and so on.
No one cares...............other than SWMBO, who dislikes most of the BA ones as the "First" label has often been too prominent.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
I recall a situation a couple of year's ago, when I was commuting to JNB, of a regular passenger who wore First PJ's and then strolled through Y. I must have seen her on 5 or 6 separate trips... I never did establish whether she was actually flying F, but like clockwork she'd be there doing laps of the upper & lower economy cabins about 4-5 hours in.

Not sure whether she was genuinely exercising, or whether it was all to show off her First labelled PJ's!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by SaraJH
Thanks all, I'll wear the top and not be so paranoid of what other travellers are thinking of me, I guess the likelihood is that no one will notice.
Who cares what other people are thinking?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Virazuno
Just wear whatever you want.

I am surprised this is a serious question!
So am I, but I guess that's FT for you! I don't want to inadvertently appear in the DYKWIA thread
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1
Who cares what other people are thinking?
Me, clearly!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
You can obviously do what you want, but if you actually care whether someone is going to look at you oddly then just wear a different top. It's not like there's anything especially unique about the BA PJ top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.