BA270 LAS-LHR overnight delay 20/02/2017

Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA270 LAS-LHR overnight delay 20/02/2017

Hi everyone

Currently stuck in Las Vegas after the captain had to abort takeoff twice after a few seconds acceleration on the runway. At the hotel waiting to hear when (if) we might be leaving. Just wondered if anyone at FT HQ might know anything and BA's likely course of action?

The captain said it was something to do with a hydraulic pump and/or its sensor. It is G-CIVC.

Can't complain about BA. It was a bit of a scrum to get to the hotel, but check in, food vouchers etc all seemed reasonable. But I would like to go home, I loathe Las Vegas and only use it as a base for a road trips!

Thanks

PS if you search BA270 on Twitter one passenger (not me) seemed to be suffering from hail storms within the WT cabin! The air conditioning was making the weirdest noises. Should we be worried?!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:06 am

Sorry to hear you don't like Vegas. For many people it's a fantastic place to be stuck for a night
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry to hear, however I would LOVE to be put up and fed for an additional night in LAS!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
God what a terrible thought, one night in Las Vegas would be bad enough.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:32 am
Suspended

What hotel did they put you up at? Meals included?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

I know there are far worse places to be stranded and I have no complaints about the hotel, it's food or the staff, but gambling is not my thing. I've only ever put one quarter in a slot machine here (and won $5 as it happens!) But I've been on a long road trip and now just long for the grey skies and miserable rain of home!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Yeah, I want to know this too! Op?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If Gold / First I assume you can avoid the scrum and go off and get your own reasonably priced hotel and reclaim after? Most nights a decent hotel in Vegas can be had for under Ł100
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
It's the Orleans on Tropicana/Arville. They gave us three meal vouchers at hotel check-in which could be used in most of the hotel restaurants. $30 for dinner, $15 for breakfast and $20 for lunch. It was all very efficient.

Just spoken with the rep in the lobby. Lots of rumours flying around that some people are seeing the flight in their apps as rescheduled for 10.30pm tonight and that a part is being flown in from NY. The rep had heard none of this.

He has said to expect 3-4 hours notice of any scheduling, so not expecting to be leaving before pm. But he has said it is worth contacting BA to sort something out directly. However, my flight is AA ticketed? Does that matter and will it affect EU261?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The fact that your flight is AA ticketed does not affect rebooking nor EU261, which you will have to seek from BA.

Surprised they couldn't get you on the 274.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:46 am

I think its the operating carrier that covers the EC261.

Sounds like the hotel is OK so enjoy the enforced hospitality and €600 to smooth the pain of the delay.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by strawberryflyer
I know there are far worse places to be stranded and I have no complaints about the hotel, it's food or the staff, but gambling is not my thing. I've only ever put one quarter in a slot machine here (and won $5 as it happens!) But I've been on a long road trip and now just long for the grey skies and miserable rain of home!
Just come over to California, we got plenty of grey and rain right now ;-)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
God what a terrible thought, one night in Las Vegas would be bad enough.
+1. I'd rather hitchhike to LAX and catch a flight home from there.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
The Orleans is actually a pretty decent hotel. There are a lot worse that you could have been put in. The only downside is that it's pretty much on its own so you'd need a cab or Uber to go anywhere (although the 201 bus stops outside). There's a good bowling alley upstairs, and a decent range of restaurants. The other benefit to it being off the Strip is that you can gamble more cheaply - so $5 blackjack for example
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your claim under EC 261/2004 for EUR 600 will be to BA as the operating carrier. If you want certainty on getting home, I would call BA and ask to be rerouted through any of the various easy options from LAS, including LAX and PHX and then longer hops on AA domestic to a BA gateway such as ORD or JFK, if not others.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.