Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reward Saver 75 GBP when 0 TP and no Avios earned?

Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:51 am
Shl
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold

A friend of mine wanted to book a flight LON-DUB paid with Avios. The hotline told him, that it would be 75 GBP tax (full amount) and that the rewards saver would not be valid for him since he had 0 TP and not earned any Avios with BA flights this year. My friend has a BA Amex Card with monthly transactions. Is anybody aware of this new ruling?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
TP, no. Avios, yes. You need to earn at least 1 Avios in the last 12 months straight into your BA account, transfers don't count.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It's always been the case that RFS are not available to people who have not earned any avios on their BAEC account for the last year.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And so, for example, if the Amex card was going to Rewards and then he was transferring from Rewards to Avios within AMEX, that would not count. If it was a direct Avios earn from Amex straight to BAEC then that would be OK. No changes here that I'm aware of.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:03 am
Shl
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Thank you all for the swift replies! This explains things.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
If your friend has an active BA Amex card (which they do) then they were misinformed and should qualify for RFS so worth double checking if they have the BA Amex vs Amex Gold etc. I imagine the Lloyds Amex would also qualify them for RFS if booked via Avios rather than BAEC.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
If your friend has an active BA Amex card (which they do) then they were misinformed and should qualify for RFS so worth double checking if they have the BA Amex vs Amex Gold etc. I imagine the Lloyds Amex would also qualify them for RFS if booked via Avios rather than BAEC.
Thanks for that. Since I only fly BA with Avios points from my Lloyds Credit Card, I transferred all remaining avios from BAEC to avios.com, so can still book RFS using my avios.com avios.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Can I qualify for RFS if I transfer from my Chase UR? What are some other ways to get like...1 Avios?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can buy an iTunes song in the BA e-store and wait for it to credit, or you can complete a Reward for Thoughts survey.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
Here's my song recommendation: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/br...e/id1003532305
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Manual Tesco transfers are also an option and only take a couple of days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.