Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to 20:00 hrs daily, for Gold/Emerald and First passengers, plus guest, usual oneworld rules apply.

Buffet from 05:15, menu food from 7am

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the Club lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by bbjoylove
Does anyone know why all of the USB charger points have been covered over with black tape?
well at the time of opening it was delayed due to "electrical issues". I imagine the USB ports got disconnected for a quick fix and haven't been resolved yet.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold GL, JJC
Originally Posted by jday
well at the time of opening it was delayed due to "electrical issues". I imagine the USB ports got disconnected for a quick fix and haven't been resolved yet.
Since opening they have been there and working, always used to plug into them. Then this week all of them are nearly covered up with black tape in both lounges. Curious, and the fact my phone was about to die with my boarding pass on it, I peeled back the tape, plugged in my lead, and hey presto! They still work.
Asked at the desk why this had been done, they did not know, so they asked the maintenance man, who did not know either!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Flying to BCN today - Shall I have dinner in the lounge or on the plane? Flying CE.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Flying to BCN today - Shall I have dinner in the lounge or on the plane? Flying CE.
Lounge if you want some hot food.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Well on my recent CE flight, my first experience of the relaunched service, I got no food. I think the lounge if you actually want to eat!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Originally Posted by bbjoylove
, I peeled back the tape, plugged in my lead, and hey presto! They still work.
!
so who would you have blamed if you phone had 'fried' when plugged in?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Gold GL, JJC
Originally Posted by Castle25
so who would you have blamed if you phone had 'fried' when plugged in?
Would only have myself to blame! But the chances of a power surge on a USB is negligible, and if that was the case why are the two 240v power outlets next to them not covered up as well?!

What is more the issue is once again BA's lack of communication, with the time taken to cover up every port in both lounges, would you not think that a note on the front desk explaining would not go a miss?

Last edited by bbjoylove; Jun 22, 2017 at 12:59 am
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I just had the burger in the F lounge here at LGW, I am impressed, I would willingly pay for that, not at all often you'll hear me say that about lounge food.

Chips were Ok but not up to the quality of the burger which tasted and appeared as if it had been properly griddled, and still with plenty of juicy goodness.

I do like to have my flabber ghasted.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
My husband would agree. He really enjoyed his burger in the F Lounge at Gatwick. Much better than the burger in the F lounge at Heathrow.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Despite it being my umpeenth visit to the LGW Flounge since it opened, I've only just realised that you can recline the 'Bond Villain' swivel chairs in here. Makes for a very relaxing perch with good views out over the airfield.

And to echo the previous poster (heb999), the "BA Burger" in here is much, much nicer than its T5 Flounge counterpart. Had one earlier this afternoon and it was delicious as always. The one I had at LHR three weeks ago was no way as good (or as freshly cooked).

Last edited by Jim72; Aug 14, 2017 at 5:12 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
Hi everyone, I've just seen that the lounge opening hours are 7:00am. I'm flying at 6:45 tomorrow AM and didn't realise this was the case. I haven't flown from Gatwick for many years - usually all through LHR.

Can someone confirm if there is a lounge available for a BAEC Gold at around 5:30am?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by thepinkponce
Hi everyone, I've just seen that the lounge opening hours are 7:00am. I'm flying at 6:45 tomorrow AM and didn't realise this was the case. I haven't flown from Gatwick for many years - usually all through LHR.

Can someone confirm if there is a lounge available for a BAEC Gold at around 5:30am?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

According to oneworld.com, the first lounge opens at 7am. The Club lounge opens at 515am;
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/LGW/-1

The Club lounge is very good.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

According to oneworld.com, the first lounge opens at 7am. The Club lounge opens at 515am;
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/LGW/-1

The Club lounge is very good.

Regards

TBS
Thank you TSB, much appreciated. Shame the first lounge isn't open as I'd have loved to have tried it.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:25 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, what happens is that the First lounge entry is roped off with a printed sign saying it opens at 07:00 hrs, while the main lounge is open from much earlier on. This is definitely the current operating practice since I walked into the First lounge on the dot of 07:00 last Saturday off the Cathay flight from HKG, heading north to Edinburgh. The main loss of this is the full breakfast options, but the main BA Lounge is one of the best ones around, so I'm sure you will be fine.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, what happens is that the First lounge entry is roped off with a printed sign saying it opens at 07:00 hrs, while the main lounge is open from much earlier on. This is definitely the current operating practice since I walked into the First lounge on the dot of 07:00 last Saturday off the Cathay flight from HKG, heading north to Edinburgh. The main loss of this is the full breakfast options, but the main BA Lounge is one of the best ones around, so I'm sure you will be fine.
Thanks CWS. Gonna have to break the news to the mrs that she'll not be ordering off the menu but I'll save it until 4:30 tomorrow AM when she probably won't be bothered

Last edited by thepinkponce; Aug 17, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.