Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~Ł1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~Ł1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~Ł1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~Ł1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~Ł664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~Ł1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~Ł1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~Ł1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~Ł1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~Ł1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~Ł1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~Ł1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~Ł1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~Ł580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for Ł1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for Ł1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at Ł2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I should be grateful for some assistance please, if anyone has come across any good value and tier point efficient trips that cover early August this year.

The OH has a significant birthday and I have been trying to find good AA deals from DUB or other ex-EUR for HNL: leaving around 5/6th and returning around 11th to be back by Sunday 13th. Fares are about Ł3/4,000 each, which is more than we want to spend. I am looking at around Ł2,000 each and maximising TPs.

We are happy to look at other destinations in warm pleasant places (such as other places in North America (South or West coast) or Asia) in the world at a lower fare and using other OW airlines; perhaps ex EU and hopefully TP lucrative.

Perhaps I need to wait for the next AA or QR sale?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I can see DUB to HNL for Ł1800 for August . Looking at your dates are you meeting the minimum stay requirements for the current exDUB advanced purchase fare?

TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
So if your outbound TATL is on 5/6 August you can't do your inbound TATL until 13 August. Anything shorter and you won't get this fare and instead you will get a more expensive fare.

Probably optimal routing for TPs is going to be DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL rtn. You could choose any other east cost landing point and pick another >2000 mile route to LAX or PHX, but you won't get any more TPs. If you stick to JFK-LAX you will at least be on the three class A321 transcons.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by obduro
You pay your money and take your choice...

Just to note this thread is for J and F fares only, there's a separate thread for the discussion of WTP fares and potential upgrade opportunities:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html
Absolutely, I think what happened is that a fellow flyer talk member happened to stumble across a great WTP fare and posted it in response to my CW enquiry.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Some significant increases in advanced purchase fares out of Scandinavia, especially ARN, have appeared overnight
Bah. I was pricing up AMS-LHR-DXB//AUH-LHR for €1400 yesterday - it's €2200 today

QR have LON-DOH-AUH return for Ł1500; which isn't terrible but the outbound is on a 777.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Many thanks KARFA!

Your post has helped clarify the requirements and I will work with the dates to see what I can get. Might be that the stay requirements and availability at a busy time make the route difficult.

Will continue to monitor the thread for any deals that cover August.

I am using google flights primarily - is that the best tool?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently

I am using google flights primarily - is that the best tool?
I would tend to use itamatrix. I will use google flights for something simple or to get a quick broad sweep of fares, but for something more complex like a multi-sector trip and to help with fine tuning the itinerary I find itamatrix much more powerful. Also you can see the fare rules on itamatrix which you can't on google flights.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Air Berlin fare

Found a fare on ITA, Stockholm to Bangkok with Air Berlin, operated by Ethiad. Ł1200 for 640TP. I assume if booked you can collect TP?

Also I then went on Air Berlin site, but I cant book the actual ticket, doesnt let you book Stockholm to Bangkok.

Is there a way round this?

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
Found a fare on ITA, Stockholm to Bangkok with Air Berlin, operated by Ethiad. Ł1200 for 640TP. I assume if booked you can collect TP?

Also I then went on Air Berlin site, but I cant book the actual ticket, doesnt let you book Stockholm to Bangkok.

Is there a way round this?

Thanks
No TPs and no avios. This would be AB coded and EY operated so see third row from the bottom of the table at the end of this page https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights

AMS-BKK on BA in J is Ł1250 if that's of any help.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
AB code share flight operated by Ethiad will earn 0 avios and 0 tier points.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
Any way to get it to route ARN-DUS-AUH-BKK and get 160/180 TP each way for the short haul and the DUS-AUH legs, operated by AB? Still better for TPs than LHR-BKK, though the avios earning would fall a long way short.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Cymro
Any way to get it to route ARN-DUS-AUH-BKK and get 160/180 TP each way for the short haul and the DUS-AUH legs, operated by AB? Still better for TPs than LHR-BKK, though the avios earning would fall a long way short.
Aren't the TPs are the same?

BA AMS-LHR-BKK = 40 + 140 each way = 180

AB ARN-DUS-AUH-BKK = 40 + 140 + 0 each way = 180
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
Looks like you can route via TXL, with AB flight TXL to AUH

Thanks for info KARFA, trying to avoid the direct BA flight
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:03 am

Thanks for info KARFA, trying to avoid the direct BA flight
Avoid BA all together or just the LHR-BKK flight? If the latter then bear in mind the AMS-BKK fare can be routed via HKG, SIN, or KUL:

1. AMS-LON-BKK
2. AMS-LON-HKG-CX/HX/RJ-BKK
3. AMS-LON-KUL-BA/MH/RJ-BKK
4. AMS-LON-SIN-3K/CX-BKK
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
Originally Posted by Airprox
Aren't the TPs are the same?

BA AMS-LHR-BKK = 40 + 140 each way = 180

AB ARN-DUS-AUH-BKK = 40 + 140 + 0 each way = 180
Yes, I was just comparing to a non-stop.

Also I'm not 100% sure that AB offers business class on all its short-haul flights, hence the possibility that the short-haul might book into full Y for 20TP.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
QR have LON-DOH-AUH return for Ł1500; which isn't terrible but the outbound is on a 777.
QR tend to switch planes frequently. The 777 is a very good product as well, bar the 2-2-2 seating which I find perfectly fine, especially if you can get one of the middle aisle seats. They just switched HKT to a 777 from a 787 on me and for the return I could not get any seats in the middle pairs and then it is slightly more annoying. I prefer the 777 seat for sleeping, actually...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.