Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Moomba
Thanks - didn't want to give a colleague incorrect information.
I certainly hope that the guide isn't incorrect, because that's the standard advice that's given here when the specific question is asked!
Old May 16, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Moomba
Thanks - didn't want to give a colleague incorrect information.
I don't think the t and c's are correct. ba.com also says this:
How to get to each tier •To reach Bronze is easy. All you need to do is fly BA at least twice and earn 300 Tier Points or take a total of 25 BA flights. Whichever you do first will get you to Bronze.
•For Silver, you need to fly BA at least four times and earn 600 Tier Points or take a total of 50 BA flights.
•To get to Gold, you will need to fly BA at least four times and earn 1,500 Tier Points.

You can earn Tier Points with British Airways and our oneworld and other airline partners, which gives you more opportunities to reach the next tier.

Use our calculator to find out how many Tier Points you can earn, including with our oneworld and other airline partners.

Calculate Tier Points for your next trip

Log in to check your current Tier Points and qualifying flights and track your progress to the next tier:

My Executive Club

BA flights are:
•flights operated by British Airways, including franchises and BA CityFlyer
•codeshare flights on other carriers with a BA flight number
•flights operated by Iberia, including franchises, with an IB flight number

Reward flights and agency or industry discounted bookings do not qualify.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...||||L2|||||||#
Old May 20, 2017, 10:19 am

Pleasant surprise

Joined the exec club in October 2016 to dump some tesco/amex points and start collecting avios and my original tier point year end 8th November 2017 as expected

Took my first flight in early May and was pleasantly surprised to see the end date for collecting tier points moved to the 8th June 2018 as the first flight posted

I was operating under the impression the tier point collection date wouldn't move and can't see this mentioned in the guide (although could have missed it!)

Was already on course for 1500 TPs between May and November to hit gold this year and had booked some TLL runs in late November to get an early head start in re-qualifying, now 2500 TP and a GUF looks likely
Old May 20, 2017, 10:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyUK_101
Joined the exec club in October 2016 to dump some tesco/amex points and start collecting avios and my original tier point year end 8th November 2017 as expected

Took my first flight in early May and was pleasantly surprised to see the end date for collecting tier points moved to the 8th June 2018 as the first flight posted

I was operating under the impression the tier point collection date wouldn't move and can't see this mentioned in the guide (although could have missed it!)

Was already on course for 1500 TPs between May and November to hit gold this year and had booked some TLL runs in late November to get an early head start in re-qualifying, now 2500 TP and a GUF looks likely
If you open an account prior to your first crediting flight, the anniversary date actually gets set based on when you take the first crediting flight and then runs from there.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:48 am

Yes, came a nice surprise :-)

Quite new to this and was expecting the below rule to apply

Please be aware that BA never changes membership year dates. Once you have a BAEC number, the membership anniversary is fixed for life. There is little point pleading for changes, the system simply will not allow it to happen.

Now, unexpectedly, within touching distance of my first GUF2 as a result
Old May 23, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I don't think the t and c's are correct. ba.com also says this:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...||||L2|||||||#
So I did my 4 flights last weekend.
BA flight numbers throughout SIN-SYD-BNE-SYD-SIN

My status reads : BRONZE

The first 2 flights received no tier bonus. But the latter 2 showed I got 50% which meant it recognises that after these 4 flights, I got Silver status, whereas it should have been Gold, right?

So now I'm at 1610 TPs, but still showing Bronze...

Should I give them a call ?
Old May 23, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
So I did my 4 flights last weekend.
BA flight numbers throughout SIN-SYD-BNE-SYD-SIN

My status reads : BRONZE

The first 2 flights received no tier bonus. But the latter 2 showed I got 50% which meant it recognises that after these 4 flights, I got Silver status, whereas it should have been Gold, right?

So now I'm at 1610 TPs, but still showing Bronze...

Should I give them a call ?
If you just did the flights this weekend, I would give it a few more days to update.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...date-gold.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...iers-baec.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nt-update.html
Old May 24, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Thanks.

Status upgraded today. Bronze to Gold.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:03 am

Triple Avios available through Avios.com, Tesco Direct now 6 avios per Ł1 for next few days...
Old May 26, 2017, 4:35 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by argonath
Triple Avios available through Avios.com, Tesco Direct now 6 avios per Ł1 for next few days...

worth checking Selfridges current as well!! 18avois/Ł1
I found they were the same price as John Lewis so my Ł375 purchase will now earn 6750 avois instead of 2250.

Last edited by flylikelinz; May 26, 2017 at 4:39 pm Reason: miscalculated avois
Old May 27, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does a BA flight number operated by Veuling metal count toward the 4 segments(flights) requirement to renew the same membership level?
Old May 27, 2017, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Does a BA flight number operated by Veuling metal count toward the 4 segments(flights) requirement to renew the same membership level?
Yes. If you book a flights as a BA codeshare it counts regardless of which carrier is operating.
Old May 27, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes. If you book a flights as a BA codeshare it counts regardless of which carrier is operating.
Great. Thanks for the info.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Deleted

Last edited by DrBenO; May 27, 2017 at 10:52 am
Old May 28, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes. I think that the general advice here is that you will need to fly all the TPs first, and within the 2-week period, and then ask again.

If you are still refused at that point, then I think we'd welcome knowing about it because it would be out of line with the usual reported experience.
I am pleased to say that having flown the required sectors within the 2 week grace period that BAEC have given me a discretionary Silver upgrade after I phoned them. Was put on hold whilst they checked with a supervisor and then told all ok to move up to Silver ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.