Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:31 am

Looks like most of the images have gone on the first page. It would appear that "Photobucket" are no longer willing to host these without being paid. Shame.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:25 am

Regarding baggage allowance for BA silver card holders traveling on BA codeshare flight on AA metal. Do SCH get 2x32kg in Y?
A bit confusing as AA offer only 2x23kg for Saphire. And my booking which was done on ba.com with all BA flight numbers (ORD-LHR with AA connecting to LHR-RUH with BA) the BA website say I'm only entitled to 2x23kg.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:28 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
Regarding baggage allowance for BA silver card holders traveling on BA codeshare flight on AA metal. Do SCH get 2x32kg in Y?
A bit confusing as AA offer only 2x23kg for Saphire. And my booking which was done on ba.com with all BA flight numbers (ORD-LHR with AA connecting to LHR-RUH with BA) the BA website say I'm only entitled to 2x23kg.
If your journey includes a flight with an airline other than British Airways, your checked baggage allowance may be different:

If every flight in your journey has a BA code (e.g. BA1234) you will get British Airways’ checked baggage allowance, even if some or all of the flights are operated by other airlines (so-called 'codeshare' flights).

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...age-allowances
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by nux
If your journey includes a flight with an airline other than British Airways, your checked baggage allowance may be different:

If every flight in your journey has a BA code (e.g. BA1234) you will get British Airways’ checked baggage allowance, even if some or all of the flights are operated by other airlines (so-called 'codeshare' flights).

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...age-allowances
Will AA be able to waive the over weight fees for bags over 23kg? I know that BA waives the over weight fee for SCH, I am not sure AAcheckin agent would be able to waive it for me.

thank you for the fast reply.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

I am currently BAEC Blue (anniversary date in August), needing another 80 TP's for Bronze.

In a couple of weeks time I'm flying ADL-DOH-BEY on QR in J/F. I was planning to credit all the TP's (220) for this trip to BAEC, but this would be far more than I need for Bronze.

I was wondering if it is possible to split the crediting of TP's from the one ticket between different airlines FF programs, eg ADL-DOH to BAEC and DOH-BEY to QRPC.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Much easier to retro claim after travel than to try to mess around, frequent flyer numbers are very sticky in bookings.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Re Silver Benefits. Do they have access to Aer Lingus lounges in LHR T2 & Dub when traveling with EI? I read on another forum that they do but can't find any info on that on BA website.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
When booked on a codeshare, yes, I've used it. I've never booked on an EI prime code.

The T2 lounge is OK. Marginally better than the Galleries IMO as it's a bit smaller and often much less busy.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver Marriott/SPG GOLD ELITE Avis President’s Club.
This appears to be the place for BAEC queries
My membership year ended on 8 July and I am a lowly blue member, in august I have the following flights all booked Club World or Business :-

LHR - JFK BA ticket BA metal Tier points 140
ATL - MIA AA ticket AA metal Tier points ?
MIA - PUJ AA ticket AA metal Tier points ?
PUJ - LGW BA ticket BA metal Tier points 140

Will I accrue the required 20 points from the AA flights to take me in to Bronze or do I have to wait till I take another BA flight later in the year ?

Many thanks
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:03 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by truckeruk3
My membership year ended on 8 July and I am a lowly blue member, in august I have the following flights all booked Club World or Business :-

Will I accrue the required 20 points from the AA flights to take me in to Bronze or do I have to wait till I take another BA flight later in the year ?

Many thanks
Yes assuming you are in business. See the first few posts in the guide.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by truckeruk3

Many thanks
ATL-MIA and MIA-PUJ will be 40 tp each when in J/D/I/R booking class (=business)
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Quick question. Flew two Aer Lingus regional flights EDI-DUB-EDI about a month ago. BA membership number was in the booking, should I have received a few Avios? And if so where would I claim the missing Avios? EI or BA?
Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Quick question. Flew two Aer Lingus regional flights EDI-DUB-EDI about a month ago. BA membership number was in the booking, should I have received a few Avios? And if so where would I claim the missing Avios? EI or BA?
Thanks
Depends upon your fare class and whether it was booked as a BA or EI flight. Lower economy fare classes either earn 25% or nothing. You would claim with BA, if you want to receive BAEC avios. If the flights aren't eligible you should claim with EI.

See:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ing-avios.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27687629-post5.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ou-future.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...erated-ba.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ero-avios.html
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

How to find special reservations numbers when achieving status?

I first became Bronze and now to Silver. It appears there are different reservations numbers for these levels that presumably have a shorter queue, but I can't figure out how to find them.

First attempt: The "print your membership card" option: Nope, it's supposed to be on the back but this option doesn't print the back.

Second attempt: The website says that if you log in, you'll get the numbers. Nope (at least if looking for the USA number).

Third attempt: Ask the reservations agent who is looking at my file so knows I am silver. Nope -- "I'm a blue res agent sir so I have no further information."

Do these numbers not exist in the USA? If they do, is there a secret initiation required?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Use this: http://app1-baft.rhcloud.com/finder.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.