Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 on MAD route S17

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Doing this trip April 21st,out on 777,can't wait,wanting to go on this aircraft for ages,coming back CE, A320 probably,even free seat selection going out....^^
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Hi all,
Has anyone managed to figure out seat selection in CE(CW), booked a one way LHR-MAD in June as a SCH and have been allocated the 10A (undefined) but can only see the first cabin greyed out as per the recent comments.
CB
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
Hi all,
Has anyone managed to figure out seat selection in CE(CW), booked a one way LHR-MAD in June as a SCH and have been allocated the 10A (undefined) but can only see the first cabin greyed out as per the recent comments.
CB
Well that seems typical of SCH/OWS making a CE booking, so no ability to select but allocated a seat in the CW cabin.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver
I really am confused as to how BA will make this work with regards to service in CW and F, I am of course presuming that it will be the CE offering whether its the refreshed version by then who knows but still I just find it a lot to fit in for a 2 hour sector.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Well that seems typical of SCH/OWS making a CE booking, so no ability to select but allocated a seat in the CW cabin.
Being a silver allows me to allocate seats so long as I'm not on a HBO fare and have had no problem allocating my preferred seats for the other CE and CW flights I have booked, my problems specifically focuses on the software fault showing the F cabin when we are to be seated in the J cabin.

CB
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
Being a silver allows me to allocate seats so long as I'm not on a HBO fare and have had no problem allocating my preferred seats for the other CE and CW flights I have booked, my problems specifically focuses on the software fault showing the F cabin when we are to be seated in the J cabin.

CB
Well even if you could see the J cabin all reports by others have said other seats are greyed out and you can't move yourself, so that really doesn't get you much further along.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by megaloman
No idea - but I guess it will last at least till the end of summer schedule. I've got a conference in Barcelona in October, so about to book my flights via MAD to take advantage of 777 on that route ;-)

Interestingly enough on some days in October both 777 and 767 operate flights 20-30 minutes apart. I thought 777 was replacing 767... hope my 777s won't get enhanced with 767s
The 456/457 is a 767, the 458/459 is a 777. The 462/463 used to be 767 but is now A321.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver
I heard rumours from people who claim to be in the know that one of NCE rotations would also be going 777? I haven't seen anything official though.......
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:11 am

BoB didn't work on my BA A320 to Madrid so how they will manage a full 777 will be interesting. But having flown the Iberia A340-600 to/from Heathrow, they manage the BoB really well somehow - but mainly by offering dire products or shameful prices, so hardly anyone buys. A packet cuppa-soup for £2.50 or a meal "deal" for a rip off £10, etc.

Last edited by kaizenflying; Jan 15, 2017 at 11:16 am
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:46 am

I know this is a bit OT...but I couldn't find the answer over on the IB forum, and didn't think it merits starting a new thread here:

Does anyone know if it's possible to do a B2B on IBs A330/A340 LHR-MAD-LHR?

I am guessing no - after reaching MAD, the plane probably gets sent off to somewhere else on a long-haul, rather than turning around to LHR.

Trying to balance the risk of not B2B-ing and getting IBs long-haul business seat, with just sucking it up and flying CE B2B instead...
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Virazuno
I know this is a bit OT...but I couldn't find the answer over on the IB forum, and didn't think it merits starting a new thread here:

I am guessing no - after reaching MAD, the plane probably gets sent off to somewhere else on a long-haul, rather than turning around to LHR.

Trying to balance the risk of not B2B-ing and getting IBs long-haul business seat, with just sucking it up and flying CE B2B instead...
If you return on BA, then yes - A330/A340 depart/arrive at T4S where BA operates from too. All other IB services depart from/arrive at T4 (main terminal). If you want to b2b on A330/A340, then you would need to do that in London - they're usually parked at T5C so b2b should not be a problem.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: I don't fly enough
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
BoB didn't work on my BA A320 to Madrid so how they will manage a full 777 will be interesting. But having flown the Iberia A340-600 to/from Heathrow, they manage the BoB really well somehow - but mainly by offering dire products or shameful prices, so hardly anyone buys. A packet cuppa-soup for £2.50 or a meal "deal" for a rip off £10, etc.
But in J IB offer nice food and tbh even on the older A343 the J seat is better for s/h
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
i came back on the 6.55am IB from MAD-LHR todaywith great service and good food and have just spotted this thread. Now, wouldn't 777 rtn LHR-MAD and 789 rtn MAD-FRA LATAM make a great weekend? And good value too?

If only the IB lounge at T4 would open 30 mins earlier tho!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
i came back on the 6.55am IB from MAD-LHR todaywith great service and good food and have just spotted this thread. Now, wouldn't 777 rtn LHR-MAD and 789 rtn MAD-FRA LATAM make a great weekend? And good value too?

If only the IB lounge at T4 would open 30 mins earlier tho!
That what I thinking of doing.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Virazuno

The IB widebody rotation starts and ends in MAD, departing around 15:45 and arriving back around 21:55. You could B2B it at LHR I suppose, but I don't see why you would do this. You can however B2B the BA 777 in MAD.

Originally Posted by megaloman
If you return on BA, then yes - A330/A340 depart/arrive at T4S where BA operates from too. All other IB services depart from/arrive at T4 (main terminal). If you want to b2b on A330/A340, then you would need to do that in London - they're usually parked at T5C so b2b should not be a problem.
If you return on BA it wouldn't be a true B2B - and actually, the IB 330/340 doesn't arrive till 21:55 and there are no more flights back to London at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.