Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick review LGW-BGI First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Quick review LGW-BGI First

Just a quick review from an open-minded person. Travel across lots of different airlines and agree with most that Asian carriers are hard to beat.......

However they don't fly to Barbados!!!! With all the stuff flying around about Gatwick and also service levels in First I did as ever approach the trip without high hopes. Sad but the last few trips with BA in First I have had this attitude but have been pleasantly surprised.

Check-in was a breeze. Premium security I missed but was my mistake. Club Rooms were perfectly acceptable, calm and comfortable. I did think it was an absolute disgrace to charge £8 for a glass of champagne when I had payed £3.5k for an airline ticket. Boarding was quick with priority in place.

The flight was exactly what a flight in first class should be. Plenty of very acceptable champagne and wine flowing and the meal was really very good. Nothing appeared too much trouble and after a little booze induced snooze we were descending. Perfect.

The return in short was exactly the same. Quick note about IAM Jet Centre departure in Barbados. As ever faultless. Dated decor yes...... But service very good and you can nip out for a cigarette before boarding if that is your thing. I love the driven to the aircraft steps.....

So don't believe everything you read. I have flown 6 sectors this year on BA in First. All have been perfectly acceptable as a first class product. Just my view. Cheers.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Thanks for the post, this was a welcome post for me as I am flying this route in First with family in March next year. Hopefully the new lounges at Gatwick South will be a good standard.

This sounds exactly what First is about : Good food and drink, comfortable seating and attentive crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.