Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to keep Silver status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Trying to keep Silver status

Hi all, am looking for some help in keeping my my silver card due to exp in Feb 2017.

As I do most of my flying between EDI and LCY for work, tier point earnings are poor, so I normally rely on getting the 50 flights over the year. I still need 7 return flights, but have 3 booked in the next few weeks, which leave me with 4 return flights to sort.

I am thinking about taking a run from EDI - LHR - Helsinki - Tallin and same back which I can get at decent prices. Am I right in thinking this should count as 6 eligible flights if done through BA.com regardless of the flight from LHR - HEL - TLL is with Finnair?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:13 pm

For flights operated by BA, they count however you book them (excluding reward flights of course).

For flights operated by Finnair (or others), it's not whether it's booked on BA.com that matters - it's whether the flights are booked under a BA flight number. You can check that as you select the flights on BA.com. Anything coded BAxxx is fine.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Perfect, thanks so much, just checked and all the flights have a BA prefix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.