Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Exclusive offer for Flyertalk members – try BA’s new Airportr + Bag Check-In service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive offer for Flyertalk members – try BA’s new Airportr + Bag Check-In service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:08 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Travelling with BA from London in December? Let AirPortr pick up your bags from your London location and check them in for your flight with the new AirPortr + Bag Check-In service exclusive to BA customers. Available for the wider London area and flights departing from Heathrow, Gatwick or London City, except flights within the UK and from LCY to JFK

BA and Airportr are offering 20 Flyertalk members the opportunity to try this new service for free. Simply book your service at https://airportr.com/?partner=ba using promotional code FLYERTALK.
Only 20 available on a first come first served basis so act fast! In return we’d love you to tell us and your fellow members about the service.

Terms and conditions apply:
a) The promotional code entitles the recipient to one free trial of a single AirPortr + Bag Check-In journey.
b) This promotion is open to members of Flyer Talk only. Customers must have a valid Flyer Talk login to be eligible.
c) The offer is valid for the first 20 bookings. This will be honored on a first come first served basis. The promotional code will expire after 20 uses.
d) The promotional code can only be used once per customer.
e) The promotion is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and has no cash value.
f) Each AirPortr + Bag Check-In delivery must be within AirPortr's standard service area.
g) Blackout dates and time restrictions may apply.
h) All other AirPortr Terms & Conditions apply.

Last edited by BA Executive Club; Dec 2, 2016 at 8:29 am
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
The promotional code doesn't appear to be recognised.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:58 am

Possibly all gone.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Thanks, but no slots were available for my departure. Don't wish to sound ungrateful, but putting blackout dates and time restrictions is not the best way to give people a taste of the service. If anything, lack of availability is a turn off when the desired date is over a week away. If the services does not have the bandwidth to have availability with such notice period, it does not seem like something I would want to use repeatedly due to such inconsistency.

If anything, the system is baiting you into giving it your email address before presenting the opportunity to check availability. My alarm bells should have been ringing then. Ask for my email address at the end when I am ready to pay and confirm and not before.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:45 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

We have looked into some of your comments. The voucher is only applicable against the check-in service and is applied and the check out. There are also no black out periods for the offer, the service is available on all BA flights out of LHR, LGW and LCY within the service area.

Warm Regards
Louise
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I used Airpotr's service recently and was very impressed. I have no need for it at the moment so will let others benefit from this great offer but I can highly recommend it.

Regards

AKS120
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:04 am
Suspended

My flight is at 11.25 am from LHR they couldn't offer to pick my bag up early enough from my London home, so what's the point?
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
We have looked into some of your comments. The voucher is only applicable against the check-in service and is applied and the check out. There are also no black out periods for the offer, the service is available on all BA flights out of LHR, LGW and LCY within the service area.

Warm Regards
Louise
Thanks Louise, my issue with the booking flow and availability rather than with BA, so perhaps you can feed it back to the company.

The process does not need to know my email address before taking me to the page that displays the available time slots for pick up. If there is no availability, it's game over and I will exit stage right. For some reason AirPortr thinks that I would like to activate my account when they cannot provide me with the service I desire.

And if the service has no available slots for a departure more than a week in advance from LHR, I am not going to have much faith in it. If they cannot cater for the demand with so much notice, I am not going to be willing to fork out more than what a cab to LHR costs me.

Sorry, but bitter taste left in the mouth due those shortcomings.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
I'd like to use it, but the only time I take baggage is on a domestic, would've been nice to have some help taking back the kids Xmas prezzies, whether I paid for the service or not!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
I used the service last month and it was great. The driver was bang on time to collect my bag, polite and friendly. The pickup took under five minutes, and the driver was picking up from two neighbouring addresses, so clearly there is some demand for the service. I went to work, and then hopped the HEX to LHR, free from hauling any baggage. I got an SMS informing me my bag was all checked-in, and when I arrived at my destination, my bag was (shock, faint) fourth on the belt to be collected. Could not have asked for a better service.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Lufthansa Silver, BA Amex, Starwood Platinum
I've agreed with a lot of the recent criticism of BA on here, but they do something positive and most of the posts here are moaning about potential shortcomings. ��
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:26 pm

Thanks, code worked for me - appreciate it.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:28 pm
dnw

Thanks very much BA Executive Club, have just taken advantage of this and it is perfect for us - we're flying on 24th Dec (on one of the Black Friday deals) and on that day the Heathrow Express is not operating, meaning an expensive cab journey or tube with bags (ugh) - now it's just tube

First comment - account signup process does not work. The link to activate the account just redirects to the start of the booking process, as does the link to reset password... oh dear. At least I have the confirmation email.

Will be happy to report back more after.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by jmcp1575
I've agreed with a lot of the recent criticism of BA on here, but they do something positive and most of the posts here are moaning about potential shortcomings. ��
I thanked BA for the offer but, if I cannot take advantage of it, it's only fair that they take on the chin some feedback about what I have experienced so far. The praises heaped by others who actually had the service sound great and I wish I could join them but at least I am providing some feedback to BA within the scope of what has been possible.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Thanks for the offer, which I am sure is well intended.

I found when I tried to use Airportr before, that even a week ahead there were no slots for arrival into LCY.

I have just looked at a 14.20 LHR departure on 30 Dec (4 weeks away) and - although I live not more than 40 mins from T5 -the latest available slot on that day is 07.00 - 08.00. This is, frankly, quite ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.