Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truly awful LCA - LHR CE Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I don't think I could say I've ever been over-whelmed* by CE on any route - but I'm more or less convinced that the chances of getting a high quality premium 'product' are far less likely to/from BA s/h traditional leisure destinations than those which see more business-related traffic.

As many regularly point out, ET certainly makes more sense than CE these days when buying simple single sector point-to-point fares.

(* does anyone happen to know why we can be over-whelmed or under-whelmed .......but never simply whelmed ........
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Is it worth complaining yes, but keep your expectations low. I have moved my all flights away from BA in a futile protest against the way the Airline is heading. And I will drop from gold to silver tomorrow and a year to the day Bronze and down again to blue. The only upside for others is there will be more room in the F lounge without me cluttering it up.
John
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond
I would go for row 8 .. not to close to toilets but quick to get off at LCA and LHR as they use the second door on the 767. I don't recommend 12, 13, 14 at all.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by subject2load
I don't think I could say I've ever been over-whelmed* by CE on any route - but I'm more or less convinced that the chances of getting a high quality premium 'product' are far less likely to/from BA s/h traditional leisure destinations than those which see more business-related traffic.

(* does anyone happen to know why we can be over-whelmed or under-whelmed .......but never simply whelmed ........
Fnarr, fnarr I used to think the same about Ham. There is an East Ham, West Ham etc.... but then I realised there is a place called Ham.

I've had some solid cabin service experiences in CE before which are the equal of any airline. Of course though, you then remember that you are in the same economy class seat that the pax in the back are who have paid one-third the price for their ticket.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:24 am

Oh sure, I agree, I too have had some very good service - by some very attentive and conscientious CC. But equally I have, on occasion, had equally good service 'down the back' when in ET.

And of course in line with your own comments re the actual seating, I was alluding to the lack of a genuine premium product overall on BA's SH routes.

(btw ..... what does fnarr fnarr mean ? Is it Swedish ?)
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
From what I see, CE is basically going to be what ET used to be (as in hot meals, free drinks, with an empty middle seat)
I do not recall ET ever having an empty middle seat.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fly Aegean. So much nicer.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by NickB
I do not recall ET ever having an empty middle seat.

I think (but can't be sure) what he meant is that it will be just like the old ET in most respects - except for the fact that CE has an empty middle seat.

Mind you, I'd say the combination of an ET exit-row seat, so better legroom than CE, combined with the (unpublished, as available, for Golds) benefit of having the adjacent seat blocked is the best of possible worlds.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
You should definitely complain. If people do not complain when service fails to meet expectations then nothing will change. There is no point coming on here and moaning as that achieves very little other than stoking anti-BA sentiments and being told either to accept BA's failings for what they are or else to vote with your wallet and fly with someone else.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by subject2load
I think (but can't be sure) what he meant is that it will be just like the old ET in most respects - except for the fact that CE has an empty middle seat.

Mind you, I'd say the combination of an ET exit-row seat, so better legroom than CE, combined with the (unpublished, as available, for Golds) benefit of having the adjacent seat blocked is the best of possible worlds.
yes thats what i meant!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by creampuff
The idea of paying BA for their hopeless joke intra-Europe "business class" just seems totally ridiculous to me.

Come to mention it, the idea of paying them to go Club World is stating to look a bit silly too.
Club Europe is performing very well at the moment, and though this incident - or rather set of incidents - certainly isn't a good advert for it, I'm happy to continue flying Club Europe, as are many others. I regard it as good value, and it's not unusual these days to see CE stretching past the emergency exits on 320s. I'm also a fan of CE catering. Today's salted cod on mash was excellent!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is going to be some improvements in catering next year including full wine bottles on longer flights.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I flew LHR-LCA recently on the 767 and I can understand where the OP is coming from. I was in row 1, had a lovely crew, and was coming off a TATL so slept most of the way, and was happy, but ...

I did notice that drinks got limited to retain supplies for the return trip. And, something else went on that I had never seen before on any airline. There was not enough silverware for the return CE loads, so the crew took used knives and forks from the collected CE trays, washed and rinsed them in order to have enough for the return trip. I asked the CSM if things have really got that bad at BA ... she replied "yes".
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Hand-washed cutlery would surely be a breach of Food Health and Hygeine regulations, given the minimal facilities the CC have available? I find that quite diconcerting.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We have boiling water and washing up liquid, what do you think small restaurants have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.