Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:53 am
Original Poster

I have searched on Finnair A350 and not found this in forum so apologies if i'm late to the party...

Just booked Finnair LHR-HEL-TLL in J LHR-HEL on the new A350 for £232 on ba.com. Out 13th Jan back 16th Jan. 200 tier points i think? Connects into Y for HEL-TLL though.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:56 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Lots of previous discussion, in fact a Do has its own thread
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by saintby
I have searched on Finnair A350 and not found this in forum so apologies if i'm late to the party...

Just booked Finnair LHR-HEL-TLL in J LHR-HEL on the new A350 for £232 on ba.com. Out 13th Jan back 16th Jan. 200 tier points i think? Connects into Y for HEL-TLL though.
Do keep up

Joking aside, it is a good deal especially on a great aircraft ^
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Yep, an attractive fare.

As for Y on the HEL-TLL hop ......isn't that around 20 mins or so ? Hardly a concern methinks
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I was thinking of doing a Finnair LHR-HEL-TLL in Y for around 80 EUR. That won't get you into that great lounge with the Sauna though, will it?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:30 pm

I popped over to HEL for a short trip in late September and thought the Finnair lounge (yes, the sauna one !) was pleasant enough, but nothing special really. It can get very busy at times - not helped by the fact that they offer (I believe ?) PAYG access.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load
I popped over to HEL for a short trip in late September and thought the Finnair lounge (yes, the sauna one !) was pleasant enough, but nothing special really. It can get very busy at times - not helped by the fact that they offer (I believe ?) PAYG access.
Yes, but you were returning to London (I presume?), so non-Schengen. I think flights to TLL go from the Schengen part of the terminal.

I loved the Premium Lounge, really attentive staff there and the food was fantastic. ^
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:42 pm

Yes, it was a straightforward LHR-HEL-LHR routing.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
How do you get this fare please? I can only find it for £600,
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
How do you get this fare please? I can only find it for £600,
What are you trying to book? It is a BA fare - the flights have to all be under the BA codeshare. If you try booking on the AY site it won't work.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by saintby

was going to book this route last Friday as part of last minute tier points run, but the connection time in HEL is ridiculously short for my comfort. And the HEL-TLL is in Y, so you will have 170tp in total. Goodluck.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
was going to book this route last Friday as part of last minute tier points run, but the connection time in HEL is ridiculously short for my comfort. And the HEL-TLL is in Y, so you will have 170tp in total. Goodluck.
HEL-TLL is 20TP (Y fare, so 80+20+20+80) and HEL is easy to connect at.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I think it is a great price especially if you never been to TLL, an excellent short stay destination. The AY 350 in biz is ok, having done HKG ex HEL but actually dare I say, I preferred the 330! However this finds like a great weekend trip and the sector HEL - TLL is indeed 20 mins of do, on turbo prop I think. ATR 72 likely...
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by nivsy
I think it is a great price especially if you never been to TLL, an excellent short stay destination. The AY 350 in biz is ok, having done HKG ex HEL but actually dare I say, I preferred the 330! However this finds like a great weekend trip and the sector HEL - TLL is indeed 20 mins of do, on turbo prop I think. ATR 72 likely...
Some of my sectors appear as E190, which I was surprised at as I thought it was all ATR 72, but apparently not
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:38 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
HEL is a very easy airport to connect to. I did a 35 minutes connection from non-Schengen to Schengen without sweating. And as noted, it books in Y, to 20 TP per segment HEL-TLL.
Based on what I read about Tallinn, it is definitely worth to book this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.