Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
Not to me it's not.

Cheapest I can get it is around £360.

I can find return flights on May 13/14 with hotel for £500 but only the outbound LHR-HEL is on the A350 (maybe, aircraft type not specified). Thanks for all your help everyone but I think I'll give up.
On your dates, the A350 flight (BA6032) looks heavily booked and is only offering C fare bucket (not I, which is the cheap fare). You will need to find other dates with I availability in order to get the low fare.

You can easily take a non-A350 flight for the cheap fare, however, for your dates.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
So don't use the multicity tool. Just get a quote for a return LHR-TLL for some random dates other a weekend in February. You should see the routings listed for connecting via HEL with BA flights to HEL and also BA codeshares of AY flights. Then just advance week by week to the date you need.
Thanks all

Just booked two nested day trips to Tallinn, one in May and one in Sept using the technique above

2xA350 flights, 400 tier points for £450 total !!!

TLL-LHR-TLL is just £222 via HEL
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Move over Hawaii golds, the Tallinn golds are taking over
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
BA seem to be selling D class only, Expedia is selling I class, and there is I class availability. For example on 14-15th Jan, Expedia want GBP235 while BA want GBP490-ish.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make BA show I class? Or would one have to phone up ?

Update: messing around with ba.com made it show the right prices. I can only think that it's a bit flaky at finding the I bucket sometimes.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flatlander
BA seem to be selling D class only, Expedia is selling I class, and there is I class availability. For example on 14-15th Jan, Expedia want GBP235 while BA want GBP490-ish.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make BA show I class? Or would one have to phone up ?
I can see I class availability for some flights across those dates on BA.com, but not on BA6032 where D class is being sold. Checking EF this is correct and BA6032 is showing as IC for UK POS, and I0 for US POS.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
I can't make anything work, either it's not an A350 or it's too expensive. Even the link provided results in an error page being generated. Thanks everyone for your help but maybe it's because I'm on an iPad but it's not working for me.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I booked the 14/15th Jan earlier for £267 Inc. Man-LHR-MAN flights.

The 10:20am flight out of LHR seems to be the popular one and books into D class. The earlier 7:30am flight books into I most of the time.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Booked flights ok in march, 350 out and 320 back with ATR on the hop to TLL, 232 pounds. I see though that presently unable to select seats on the AY flights to and from HEL on BA codes and..AY site says flights are BA and BA site says flights are AY and seats allocated ok on the ATR...all very odd!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
I'm doing this as a mileage run in 2017, 3 trips out of Newcastle will earn me BA silver.
I had to book via expedia to get the low fare and All A350 flights booked into I class. I done a hotel and flight booking on expedia only booking the Park inn by Radisson for 1 night as will use HH points to stay at the Hilton for the other night.
each trip cost me only £298 also deal gives me 1000 nectar points and £24 cashback a trip through booking via quidco.
My flights are 15:30 out of Newcastle, 5 tier points overnight LHR
10:20 AY BA codeshare LHR -HEL, 80 tierpoints, J A350 connecting on to flight to Tallin 20 tier points
returning to Hel 20 tierpoints with overnight stop in Helsinki. Following day 8:00 AY A350 flight back to LHR 80 Tier points connecting onto 13:30 back upto NCL 5 tier points.
The best travel bargains I've ever had. I thought it was an error fare initially so called BA for clarification who assured me it was a legit fare but a package deal and could only be booked via Expedia.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:13 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
I thought it was an error fare initially so called BA for clarification [...]
You might want to duck...
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:11 am

I thought it was an error fare initially so called BA for clarification.
The first rule about fight club.....
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I thought it was an error fare initially so called BA for clarification

Are you new on this planet? What time did your spacecraft land?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by subject2load
The new LHR-TLL sector offers 40 TP's o/w, as you say, whereas LHR-HEL offers 80. Something of an oddity, but presumably mileage-related ....?
An oversight I expect, BAEC may sort it out if we prod them.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm doing this as a mileage run in 2017, 3 trips out of Newcastle will earn me BA silver.
I had to book via expedia to get the low fare and All A350 flights booked into I class. I done a hotel and flight booking on expedia only booking the Park inn by Radisson for 1 night as will use HH points to stay at the Hilton for the other night.
each trip cost me only £298 also deal gives me 1000 nectar points and £24 cashback a trip through booking via quidco.
My flights are 15:30 out of Newcastle, 5 tier points overnight LHR
10:20 AY BA codeshare LHR -HEL, 80 tierpoints, J A350 connecting on to flight to Tallin 20 tier points
returning to Hel 20 tierpoints with overnight stop in Helsinki. Following day 8:00 AY A350 flight back to LHR 80 Tier points connecting onto 13:30 back upto NCL 5 tier points.
The best travel bargains I've ever had. I thought it was an error fare initially so called BA for clarification who assured me it was a legit fare but a package deal and could only be booked via Expedia.
Naughtyboy. Don't do that again.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by nivsy
I see though that presently unable to select seats on the AY flights to and from HEL on BA codes and..AY site says flights are BA and BA site says flights are AY and seats allocated ok on the ATR...all very odd!
I booked BA-coded flights at ba.com (using the diamondclub.org discount - last day today ).

Seats had been partially allocated but clicking on 'seats' I was transferred to finnair.com where I was able to select seats for all flights, picking up an AY PNR on the way. Those seat numbers now show at BA MMB.

Curiously, the MyFlights app shows the previous partially allocated seat numbers. I deleted the BA PNR and added it again but the old numbers show. The AY PNR shows the seats I selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.