Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
Is it possible to do a back to back in Tallinn when arriving from Helsinki ?

It is a short turnaround ...
According so some comments made on the other TLL thread, yes it is fine. When doing a b2b from HEL you just walk off, wait, and walk back on.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by smartiepants
I'm obviously doing something completely wrong here, but I can't seem to book LHR-HEL-TLL via ba.com

Even when I find it on google flights and click on the link to book on ba.com I get an error message on the ba website saying the only flights available are the direct ones on Saturdays and Tuesdays.

If anyone could enlighten to the error of my ways it would be much appreciated!

Also, I just wanted to check that I am right in thinking if these are booked as a BA codeshare they count towards the 4 eligible flights?
There has been a website error for 2 weeks that means that Tallin flights do not show for the summer season 2017 onwards. You need to book elsewhere or calling BA by phone
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
There has been a website error for 2 weeks that means that Tallin flights do not show for the summer season 2017 onwards. You need to book elsewhere or calling BA by phone
Alternative workaround is to select dates on ba.com in February prior to the start of the BA service commencing, then advance the dates to when you want to travel.

Some more information here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...2017-a-12.html
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
The A350 is a flatbed seat right? Just to state something which might seem obvious to people who know the configs of all the planes for all the airlines...
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Smid
The A350 is a flatbed seat right? Just to state something which might seem obvious to people who know the configs of all the planes for all the airlines...
Yes in a 1-2-1 (reverse heringbone) config.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I'm obviously doing something completely wrong here, but I can't seem to book LHR-HEL-TLL via ba.com

Even when I find it on google flights and click on the link to book on ba.com I get an error message on the ba website saying the only flights available are the direct ones on Saturdays and Tuesdays.

If anyone could enlighten to the error of my ways it would be much appreciated!
See post #32 above.

Also, I just wanted to check that I am right in thinking if these are booked as a BA codeshare they count towards the 4 eligible flights?
Yes, they do count. See section 02 here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948897-post4.html
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, ICHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
According so some comments made on the other TLL thread, yes it is fine. When doing a b2b from HEL you just walk off, wait, and walk back on.

Yes it is

Get off the Plane walk up the stairs and just get back on again when boarding is called. It is literally passengers off and new ones on
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
What are you trying to book? It is a BA fare - the flights have to all be under the BA codeshare. If you try booking on the AY site it won't work.
Was trying to book on the Finnair website, will try BA.com

Thanks.

Edit: tried BA.com but get the same error as reported up thread.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
Was trying to book on the Finnair website, will try BA.com

Thanks.

Edit: tried BA.com but get the same error as reported up thread.
See my noted workaround mentioned earlier. I tried it earlier today and it still works.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:24 pm

See my noted workaround mentioned earlier. I tried it earlier today and it still works.
I must be completely stupid then because I can't get anything under £2000, what dates are you using?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
I must be completely stupid then because I can't get anything under £2000, what dates are you using?
So don't use the multicity tool. Just get a quote for a return LHR-TLL for some random dates other a weekend in February. You should see the routings listed for connecting via HEL with BA flights to HEL and also BA codeshares of AY flights. Then just advance week by week to the date you need.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Another way to make it work is to add a hotel. Assuming you want one. This will let you choose dates from the start.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Available for £233 on any weekend in January or February for a 1 night stay, or any Friday or Saturday in January for a 0 night stay.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander
Available for £233 on any weekend in January or February for a 1 night stay, or any Friday or Saturday in January for a 0 night stay.
Not to me it's not.

Cheapest I can get it is around £360.

I can find return flights on May 13/14 with hotel for £500 but only the outbound LHR-HEL is on the A350 (maybe, aircraft type not specified). Thanks for all your help everyone but I think I'll give up.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
https://goo.gl/flights/f2um

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.