Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benjai
Lady was super helpful. Said initially that the HEL-TLL-HEL legs were on the AY code which gave a price of 300 something. The BA codes weren't an option. She then went on hold for about 5 mins, and came back saying she did it! Said she had to be creative and fiddle around with the flights a bit but managed to get all BA codes in the end.
May I suggest sending in a quick www.ba.com/welldone ?

Given that BA wants to cut costs in the call centre, the more ammunition we can give to internal people opposing such cost cutting, the better. [And you might put a smile on someone's face.]
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by bhbloke
..... close to the Swissotel and Radisson Blu FYI )
Very useful info, thank you

(fumbling around to find T&Cs of hotel booking)
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Estonia will be launching a bunch of activities from April 2017 culminating in February 2020 celebrating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Republic of Estonia in 2018.

Just a heads up to everyone - especially those already bored of the Old City of Tallinn after making several runs to and fro TLL :P
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
May I suggest sending in a quick www.ba.com/welldone ?

Given that BA wants to cut costs in the call centre, the more ammunition we can give to internal people opposing such cost cutting, the better. [And you might put a smile on someone's face.]
That's a good idea, thanks. Have popped a quick note in. I forgot to take down her name so hopefully the message can still find its way to her.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: QF, BA
A bit late to this one. Had a look through dates and only finding dates for November and with no AY 350. Are any earlier dates available or are they long gone?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by joequimby
A bit late to this one. Had a look through dates and only finding dates for November and with no AY 350. Are any earlier dates available or are they long gone?
There is a £325 fare available for many dates in all months from now until September, however I am no longer seeing any availability for the £233 fare until December (available on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays that month).
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Have managed to book this evening a trip for mid November, with a single overnight, at £233, including the A350 on the outbound (inbound was offered but don't fancy the early start for the TLL-HEL sector). Fare was available for all Fridays and Saturdays in November, and priced up the same while I was toying between the 11th and the 18th.
Hodders
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Yep, November weekends bookable on ba.com and can enter the exact dates, don't have to do the March dates and roll forward a week at a time routine.
BA codeshare flight numbers are the same but the Finnair flight numbers have changed. Same timings and still the A350 but AY831/2 are now AY1331/2.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Managed to get £280 fare in March (LHR-HEL-TLL/HEL-LHR). A350 both ways, but Finnair prime code on HEL-TLL, which I suspect is what pushed the cost up a little from £233 (couldn't get BA codeshare for that flight). No luck with any online booking systems - Amex got me the closest but was on a BA plane rather than A350 coming back. Propeller Travel were thankfully able to sort.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Managed to get £280 fare in March (LHR-HEL-TLL/HEL-LHR). A350 both ways, but Finnair prime code on HEL-TLL, which I suspect is what pushed the cost up a little from £233 (couldn't get BA codeshare for that flight). No luck with any online booking systems - Amex got me the closest but was on a BA plane rather than A350 coming back. Propeller Travel were thankfully able to sort.
Yes, as noted there is no Y selling class availability between HEL and TLL on the BA codeshares between now and at least September. The only way to book this is to have at lest those sectors on AY codes which will lift the price.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:57 am

Indeed - I opted to skip the TLL-HEL leg on the way back, which saved £40 and instead to go via ferry and have a couple of days in Helsinki too
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:02 am

Indeed - I opted to skip the TLL-HEL leg on the way back, which saved £40 and instead to go via ferry and have a couple of days in Helsinki too
So you only booked LHR-HEL-TEL? How much was that and how did you get back from HEL-LHR?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:03 am

No - I booked LHR-HEL-TLL/HEL-LHR (see post #234 )
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:35 am

No - I booked LHR-HEL-TLL/HEL-LHR (see post #234 )
Wow I love the creativity of the people here! The ferry sounds fun too. Is it around £20?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:45 am

Yep Also you're not allowed a stopover on this face so doing open jaw lets me visit Helsinki for a bit too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.