Search

Munich Lounge Status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Munich Lounge Status

hi all,
I'll be flying out of MUC next week on BA to LHR. Just went to print my BA itinerary, and it says that BA doesn't currently offer a lounge in Munich. This was a surprise to me, as I hadn't seen any mention of a closure on flyertalk. I then checked the BA website to see if there were any details, but the Munich galleries lounge is still listed as present and open. Any recent experiences as to whether it is open or closed? If the latter, are there other options I'd be able to use near the BA gate(s), either with my OW status or priority pass?
Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC, FlyingBlue, IHG Gold Amb, Kimpton whatever
I was there in early October, and it was open. Pretty grim, but in existence! That's a loooong time ago in enhancement-world though.

Perhaps it is being refurb'd? Could do with it.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Presumably MMB, which sometimes does mention lounge arrangements, was simply blank on this occcasion? If so, that's normal. Or did it specifically say there was no longer a lounge provision? As far as I am aware, the MUC lounge is definitely there and open for the relevant hours, it's upstairs, just follow the signs at the end of the airside area. I do remember the lounge being closed one Saturday evening recently, to accommodate some building works.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, A* Gold (Avianca Brazil)
I was there a couple of weeks ago...

It's a bit hidden as there is some building work going on in the terminal.

Once you have cleared passport control and security - head to the far left hand corner of the gate area and go up in the lift.

But don't get over excited... The lounge concept is the same as Galleries - but the state of cleanliness leaves something to be desired.

DON'T sit on the sofas...

I am yet to send BA a pic of the offensive item of furniture which makes the seats on public transport look clean and inviting by comparison!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Presumably MMB, which sometimes does mention lounge arrangements, was simply blank on this occcasion? If so, that's normal. Or did it specifically say there was no longer a lounge provision? As far as I am aware, the MUC lounge is definitely there and open for the relevant hours, it's upstairs, just follow the signs at the end of the airside area. I do remember the lounge being closed one Saturday evening recently, to accommodate some building works.
The MMB page itself was blank, but when I hit the "print your itinerary" link towards the top of that page, the itinerary it generates lists the lounges in each location (this is a 4 leg trip). 3 are as I expected, and the one for Munich has the statement saying that they are sorry but cannot offer lounge access at this location at this time...

Thanks all for the warnings to keep my expectations low (if it is open). I'll be leaving my hotel before they start serving breakfast, so am just hoping for some food/coffee before starting a long flying day...
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by silverfc
I was there a couple of weeks ago...

It's a bit hidden as there is some building work going on in the terminal.

Once you have cleared passport control and security - head to the far left hand corner of the gate area and go up in the lift.

But don't get over excited... The lounge concept is the same as Galleries - but the state of cleanliness leaves something to be desired.

DON'T sit on the sofas...

I am yet to send BA a pic of the offensive item of furniture which makes the seats on public transport look clean and inviting by comparison!
I was there yesterday and the furniture just keeps getting worse ( I only ever sit at the table with the desktop computers now) plus the convoluted temporary way of getting to it with the construction. Food consisted of some mini-pizzas,a few sandwiches and a limited amount of cheese ,buns and crackers. If security and passport control is light I'd stay landside as long as possible.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
To be fair, while it is a terrible lounge in terms of furniture/food offerings, the staff tend to be exceptionally friendly - and quite often you can find some special/local beers in the fridge
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
The food is ok- better than AMS. But the sofas are embarrassing. It is becoming an emergency- so much so that I might buy them new sofa myself for Xmas. I have seen sofas abandoned outside council estates in South East London that are in better shape. Sort it out it out BA!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
As my most regular spot outside of LHR these days, it's a depressing sight. From time to time I wander around looking in vain for better furniture, always disappointed. The sofas near the drinks bar are in somewhat better shape. The others are to be avoided at all costs, I'd have to agree. I can't imagine how it got to this state and how BA lets it continue to be like this.

I'd have to imagine it is due a refurb, but who knows these days? The passenger profile at MUC if more O/D and more business than your typical outstation, so this looks really bad with the wrong folk, I would think.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
As long as there's a well stocked beer fridge then I'll be a happy man next Tuesday afternoon!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Can someone post a pic of this much discussed sofa?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The MUC lounge is a total dump. It's one of the reasons I've shifted 100% of my LHR-MUC flights to LH (which has several fantastic lounges in MUC).
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Maybe we can have a fundraising charity event to but MUC a new sofa.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
While it is disgusting, the sofa is really comfortable. I'm quite pleased that nobody else dare touch it.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can the OP use one of the PP lounges at MUC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.