Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich Lounge Status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Was there about 5 days ago.. Food average (mini pizza's), Decor awful, like I would expect that furniture to be in rubbish, Location.. a pain to find with construction, Alcohol.. good beers..generally ok..

Having spent time two weeks earlier in the EK lounge in Munich, I can see why BA is getting it's arse kicked.. I would never 'pay' to have the benefit of that lounge. I would pay to use the EK lounge.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Are there any other OW lounges to use in MUC?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Can someone post a pic of this much discussed sofa?
It is not one sofa, it is pretty much all the sofas. I feel positively contaminated when I've had to sit on one, i try to pretend the stains are actually part of the pattern!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC, FlyingBlue, IHG Gold Amb, Kimpton whatever
Agreed... I was travelling with a colleague last time who insisted on getting there v early... so I spent far too long in one of the chairs by the window. I still have one of those phantom itches when I think of it.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Was there yesterday - Exceptionally busy due to disruptions at LH. Staff were doing their best to keep the place tidy, but they were overwhelmed.

Location - Turn left after security and when you get to what seems to be the end of the terminal, keep nosing around until you find a way through, step over the raggedy rag on the floor, go up the uncleaned stairwell ... and emerge in the dim hallway that leads to the lounge.

Foodwise, it's no great shakes but it's better than AMS - some mini pizzas, sandwiches, etc. And considering the lack of restaurant options airside, I guess it is OK.

Furniture - Has clearly been picked up from a skip on the edge of the most underprivileged slum in Europe. Grimy. I can't quite believe that BA allowed it to get *this* bad. If they just put some unassembled flatpack furniture at one end of the lounge, I'm sure that some customers would assemble it for them rather than sitting in those filthy seats.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
I have seen sofas abandoned outside council estates in South East London that are in better shape. Sort it out it out BA!
Apparently, other airlines managed to beat BA in collecting the better ones.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:42 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Friendly reminder last time we complained on this forum about dirty sofas at ATH Lounge, they simply closed it. Better s..t up and enjoy MUC lounge while it lasts
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Are there any other OW lounges to use in MUC?
No other OW lounges. AY and IB use the AF lounge. AA and QR use the BA lounge.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Somewhat surprisingly, DL seems to use the BA lounge too. We will see. i don't know how easy it is to go between the B and C piers at MUC T1 to use the PP Atlantic nonschengen lounge. The AF lounge is in the schengen area of the terminal.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
i don't know how easy it is to go between the B and C piers at MUC T1 to use the PP Atlantic nonschengen lounge.
It used to be very easy (at least with a German passport) but I heard reports that the airport closed the airside connection some time ago.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Somewhat surprisingly, DL seems to use the BA lounge too. We will see. i don't know how easy it is to go between the B and C piers at MUC T1 to use the PP Atlantic nonschengen lounge. The AF lounge is in the schengen area of the terminal.
The BA lounge in MUC isn't great, but still better than the Atlantic lounge.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
The sofas were in terrible shape 2-3 years ago... Regarding food, there's a decent bakery airside right near BA's usual gate that is far better than the food you'll find in the lounge and reasonably priced. For me it's a last chance to get another pretzel before departing.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not too worried about the food. If I wake up on time, my hotel will give me a very nice free breakfast. Then DL will start feeding me shortly after takeoff.

OTOH, the sofas really worry me. I'm not sure my shots are up to date.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
When you board the flight to LHR the aircraft seem remarkably clean for BA after sitting on the MUC lounge furniture.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
When you board the flight to LHR the aircraft seem remarkably clean for BA after sitting on the MUC lounge furniture.
A bit like my local recycling centre which is comparatively pristine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.