Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I am sure there are many ways this can be done, but would not be the traditional one person does economy and one does business. Depending on how busy the business cabin is, perhaps they will both serve the meals to the CE cabin, then one does the BoB run in ET while the other serves drinks in CE
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by Deckard
Hmm my BHD boarding pass for this afternoon is showing as Club Europe...
Yesterday my paper boarding pass for GLA-LCY showed Domestic and my app's version showed Club Europe.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
I see ba.com has been updated, https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...usiness-dining

LBA/MAN will get a bacon roll, fruit and yoghurt at breakfast. Other domestic routes will get a full English.
Slightly OT but related to the catering changes listed on ba.com, does anyone know why they are suggesting it's still possible to order a special meal in ET for Menorca (only) until Summer 2017? I have a vested interest since I'm going in May.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../special-meals
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Just wondering how Cityflyer is going to cope with this later in the year. They have only two cabin crew for 98 passengers. The crew have their hands full with previous (single class) service offering on domestics - is it realistic that one can do full service in club and the other crew member can single handedly handle BoB for the rest of the plane?
I would personally be more than happy if cityflyer domestic flights continued to offer the complimentary snacks/drinks
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:19 pm

As suspected, it seems that there are now capacity problems on EDI-LHR: flights on Sat, 24 Jun and 2 Jul are now selling for £360 (with CE occupying first 12 out of 28 rows.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:30 pm

was always going to be a predictable problem. And FlyBe to LHR wont be a huge help in alleviating I dont think...
Peak GLA flights have been like this for ages anyway
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
As suspected, it seems that there are now capacity problems on EDI-LHR: flights on Sat, 24 Jun and 2 Jul are now selling for £360 (with CE occupying first 12 out of 28 rows.
Yet they operate A320s mostly. Maybe they can try to reallocate A321s onto busy domestic flights and put the A320s on other routes.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Is that 1 way? Or when is your return? You can get a return in the 24th, coming back on the 2nd from £149
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Has the tier point calculator been updated for domestics? Seems to suggest 20 tier points per sector for R, I, J, C and D. Not the previously suggested 40? I can't seem to copy paste from iPad, but just checked on BA.com
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by highexpectations
Has the tier point calculator been updated for domestics? Seems to suggest 20 tier points per sector for R, I, J, C and D. Not the previously suggested 40? I can't seem to copy paste from iPad, but just checked on BA.com
It won't be updated until 1 April, see this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28032840-post666.html
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thanks. I was a little confused as I don't recall seeing the tier point calculator for domestics including business before.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Is that 1 way? Or when is your return? You can get a return in the 24th, coming back on the 2nd from £149
Specific flight on the 24th one-way (and similarly two flights on 2 Jul).
I also saw CE being offered for more than £800 (one way).
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by highexpectations
Thanks. I was a little confused as I don't recall seeing the tier point calculator for domestics including business before.
There wasn't. I think that was just changed yesterday but the 20TP's showing under the business section I would fully assume would be showing 40 after April 1st.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:36 pm

Specific flight on the 24th one-way (and similarly two flights on 2 Jul).
I also saw CE being offered for more than £800 (one way).
The 11:25 that day does look popular. if there are 12 rows of club then it lost 24 seats, or 4 rows.

I am sure if it is that popular the flight price would have increased significantly anyway

I am guess there is something going on that day that has made this flight and the ones either side of them popular, especially 12 rows of CE on a saturday
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Just got boarding pass for LHR-GLA tomorrow and it shows Club Europe?! What's this about?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.