Wiki Posts
Search

Do RFS redemptions exist to/from TLV?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Do RFS redemptions exist to/from TLV?

Hi,

I don't quite understand what I have done. I have a one-way TLV->LHR redemption in WT for May next year. It cost me 10K avios and £42. I am now looking to change the date and where there is availability Peak is 12.5K/£124 and offpeak is 10k/£124. Also, as far as I remember redemptions TLV->LHR were always >£100 in tax/fees.

So I am very confused. Why did my original redemption cost £42 in taxes/fees? I was booking very quickly and did not think about it at the time. Does this mean that TLV sometimes gets RFS redemptions (thought it was SH only) and I grabbed one?

bonzo
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I redeem TLV-LHR all the time on BA and have never paid more than about $60 in taxes/fees. The other direction it's usually around $200.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:36 am

Definitely not RFS and never has been.

Has the YQ shot up perhaps? Or a nasty new APD?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by bonzo
Hi,

I don't quite understand what I have done. I have a one-way TLV->LHR redemption in WT for May next year. It cost me 10K avios and £42. I am now looking to change the date and where there is availability Peak is 12.5K/£124 and offpeak is 10k/£124. Also, as far as I remember redemptions TLV->LHR were always >£100 in tax/fees.

So I am very confused. Why did my original redemption cost £42 in taxes/fees? I was booking very quickly and did not think about it at the time. Does this mean that TLV sometimes gets RFS redemptions (thought it was SH only) and I grabbed one?

bonzo
Don't panic - seems to another BA.com error. If you select a flight on the main screen, it does indeed show 10K Avios & £124 in taxes and fees. Select your flight and continue to the check-out page and it shows 10K Avios & £46.40 in taxes. Just pick the date you want and then push on through the initial selection screen to the payment page and you should get the result you want.
I think HKG > LHR redemptions have the same issue from memory.

Pilot37
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Pilot37

Pilot37
ex-HKG there's a limit as to what airlines can charge for YQ...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
ex-HKG there's a limit as to what airlines can charge for YQ...
There is indeed, same with Brazil, but from memory a one-way redemption selection on the BA.com front screen shows a higher tax and fee charge vs. what you actually pay.

Pilot37
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:48 pm

I found the same thing - the main page shows a much higher tax amount, but when you click through it drops to a much more reasonable level. Just a BA.com error.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Don't panic - seems to another BA.com error. If you select a flight on the main screen, it does indeed show 10K Avios & £124 in taxes and fees. Select your flight and continue to the check-out page and it shows 10K Avios & £46.40 in taxes. Just pick the date you want and then push on through the initial selection screen to the payment page and you should get the result you want.

Pilot37
That is indeed so! Clicking through reduces the price to £46.40. Thank you.

Its been a good day for me re-TLV flights. BA let me retime an LHR->TLV sector by two weeks at no charge because WTP is no longer offered on the night flight. I didn't even have to make a case. Just named a new flight and date, the agent went away for two min and came back with 'that is within 30 days of the original flight, no problem'
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, LY PL, PC Platinum, RCCL Diamond
Reviving an old thread.
I received this message from BA:
"Did you know you can book a spontaneous seat to London simply by taking advantage of our Reward Flight Saver offering?

With return Euro Traveller fares of only €42 + Avios, it’s an easy decision.

You can even fly Club Europe for €60 + Avios. No additional taxes. No hidden charges.

There are hundreds of seats available. All you have to do is choose yours and plan your London adventure."

They know that I am TLV based.
Is there RFS from TLV? I could not find any such availability....
Thank you
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by ysmisc
They know that I am TLV based.
Is there RFS from TLV?
I think you may be greatly overestimating BA's ability to match its emails to its customer profiles.

No RFS from TLV.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And just in case it's not fully clear, RFS is unique to the Club Europe and EuroTraveller concepts, whereas TLV is longhaul (World Traveller and Club World cabins, sometimes WTP and First too). So is CAI, AMM and BEY.

The nearest places with RFS are LCA, PFO, DLM and IST. And SSH if things get sorted out there.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The only time RFS applies in CW/F is on DME and the fifth freedom sectors in the Caribbean.
It is also available with slightly higher charges on Comair.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
RFS is unique to the Club Europe and EuroTraveller concepts
DME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.