Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

QR points not crediting and having problems claiming them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador

Evening:

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem. I'm trying to claim for some QR flights (UK - DOH - SIN and back) that haven't automatically credited, even though the trip finished a couple of weeks ago. I waited until the 7 day period was up before claiming the outbound flights via BA.com. Those claims are now showing as "Approved" in the relevant section of the site, even though the TPs/Avios haven't shown up yet. (The flights haven't shown up either).

I have just tried to put in claims for the two return flights, only to be told that the claims cannot be made "as they are similar to ones already made" - which they aren't, as they are for different flight numbers travelling in the opposite direction, albeit under the same ticket number.

Presumably it's a glitch? I'll give it a couple of days before I call up to see if the outbound ones arrive and then try to claim the returns manually.

All a bit annoying, given the account number is shown in the booking and on the boarding passes - and I have two further trips booked with Qatar over the next three months!

Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I took the exact same trip recently and also submitted a claim. Showing as approved today but no TP/Avios posted yet. My plan is to wait until Thursday then call the gold line.

I didn't have any problems submitting a claim for the return legs.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:24 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seat1C
I waited until the 7 day period was up before claiming the outbound flights via BA.com.
How long is it since your actual flights? Qatar flights usually post on Wednesdays. So normally the Wednesday following travel. But I have had instances where it has taken 3 weeks, but they did post in the end.

7 days is a bit premature to claim for QR flights in my experience. I am guessing you may well see them appear in your account tomorrow on the automatic cycle.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
There is definitely a problem with QR posting at the moment. There is another thread on the subject which seems to confirm this. For me and the OH we both have flights from 2.5 weeks ago that haven't posted. Will wait for one more Wednesday (i.e. tomorrow) then initiate a claim.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:38 pm

I have BA flights from 3 weeks ago that haven't posted to my QR account yet either. Perhaps there's a glitch affecting both ways. I usually give it a month before claiming as they've usually turned up before then.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Thanks all for your really quick feedback. Good to know about the Wednesday thing. I've only been on QR once before and the points posted almost immediately, so I've been surprised/concerned about their absence this time! I'll let you know when they arrive....
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
In the same boat here. I took QR flights over three weeks ago but nothing has posted. These will take Mrs srbrenna to Gold. We are taking two r/t flights on Friday and next Wednesday which will make a difference to Avios collection. Hopefully they will post tomorrow.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:50 pm

As the claims typically seem to boil down to processing the ticket number, I'm not entirely surprised that the second claim would get rejected as being "similar" to the first.

I've also had cases where, at least as far as I could see, it seemed that all the flights on a ticket posted together only some amount of time after the last flight. I've no idea whether it's supposed to work that way, but efforts to make a claim on the partly flown ticket seemed to be completely ignored, and finally after completing all segments, everything was credited a couple weeks later.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:19 pm

I have just checked and mine also say "Approved". We shall see what happens tomorrow!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:10 pm

And my avios and tier points from QR just posted,10 days after the flight on a wednesday as pointed out by Tobias-UK.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I got autoclaimed avios for my QR JFK-DOH-CPT flights but not for my JNB-DOH-LHR flights. I submitted for credit after 18 days and within 48 hours I have received my approved claims. It's not reflected on my app but when I login to my account it does reflect appropriate crediting. I suspect by morning the app will reflect the website balance.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:39 am

QR flights of 15 Oct and 22 Oct posted today.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
All of my QR flights posted today as well
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:37 am

Same here - all posted.

Have we all got having to claim ourselves in common?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
Happened to me too

I've had 12 Qatar flights from October 1-13 all credit today.

Frustrating waiting 3 weeks+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.