Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA sloppiness and terms & conditions (partial rant)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

[rant on]I am getting increasingly irritated by BA's somewhat lax approach to complying with terms and conditions - where they advertise something, publish Ts&Cs, and then change / renege on them.

Latest example is a bonus Avios offer with SLH which was also running on Avios.com - where BA had no minimum stay requirement. As I am a bit more careful about tracking these things now I decided to double check how long it should take to post (4-6 weeks, so some way off yet). But, since booking BA have amended the promotion to require a 3 night minimum stay. Luckily I have the original screenshot so I should be in a good position to argue when the time (inevitably) comes, but it seems indicative of the general sloppiness with which BA seems to operate these days. [/rant off]

Anyway, have others got recent examples of BA not knowing what they're doing in the same vein?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I can't seem to get both screenshots in the one post when using iPad (same file size and name so seem to be treated as duplicates...)
Attached Images  
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
But, since booking BA have amended the promotion to require a 3 night minimum stay. Luckily I have the original screenshot so I should be in a good position to argue when the time (inevitably) comes, but it seems indicative of the general sloppiness with which BA seems to operate these days.
Am I missing something? The screenshot you attached has a three-night minimum stay in point 6...
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by DrBernardo
Am I missing something? The screenshot you attached has a three-night minimum stay in point 6...
Yes you are

The first screen shot #6 states

'... irrespective of length of stay.'

The second shot states

' ... minimum of three nights'
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:26 am

The second screenshot does. The first doesn't, which I gather is the source of the annoyance -- that it was changed during the course of the promotion.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Attaching two images from iPad that are the same size seemed to confuse the FT system - post 2 (which was posted as you were replying I think) is the other part of the spot the difference competition
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Attaching two images from iPad that are the same size seemed to confuse the FT system - post 2 (which was posted as you were replying I think) is the other part of the spot the difference competition
Oddly, the two images in your posts look the same for me - suspect there's something odd going on in my browser, if the images have the same name. But anyway, that's a little off topic for your issue.

I suspect they draw up these non-standard T&C somewhat on the fly, and only realise later on that they've messed up, and tweak them. As you say though, you have a good case for being awarded the bonus avios, although the process for you to get them will be painful (and they know it!)
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Oddly, the two images in your posts look the same for me - suspect there's something odd going on in my browser, if the images have the same name. But anyway, that's a little off topic for your issue.

I suspect they draw up these non-standard T&C somewhat on the fly, and only realise later on that they've messed up, and tweak them. As you say though, you have a good case for being awarded the bonus avios, although the process for you to get them will be painful (and they know it!)
I. too, am seeing the exactly the same for both images in IE. Chrome & Firefox show two different images.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:58 am

I had a similar issue with their double Avios on long haul promotion. It took about 5 phone calls, some up to an hour long before they agreed. Main problem was the lack of comprehension skills by the call centre staff. Eventually found someone smart enough to understand the relationship between multiple clauses.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
The whole shebang to be honest.

Promise: A relaxing "haven of calm and tranquil surroundings" to relax or work before my flight.
Actual: A rugby scrum practice with seating density something like a nasty KFC

Promise: Choose from the indulgent and delicious à la carte menu designed by leading chefs from around the world.
Actual: Overcooked food kept chilled and reheated later. If you are really lucky, we may even still have your first choice.

Promise: More personal space
Actual: You get the same legroom as those in the back

Promise: Priority boarding
Actual: A rugby scrum practice. You and everyone else dependant on route and time of day

If it wasn't for the overwhelmingly fantastic crew, I have no idea what I would do. Strange that their biggest asset and the reason I continue to choose BA hardly gets a mention on BA.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.