Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orbitmic
BAEC text is now confirming that after the forthcoming changes, TP and Avios for flights marketed as "domestic first" on two class aircrafts (ie everything except transcontinental flagship on all JFK-LAX vv, all JFK-SFO vv, and the MIA-LAX flights operated by a 77W) will accrue on a business class basis, ie 40TPs or 140TPs on flights over 2000mi and corresponding avios.

Seems it has been confirmed! Details in this post #254

(This is a thread that is really crying out for a wiki. Edit to your heart's content!)

Print Wikipost

Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Lord knows I have no wish to divert this thread into yet another tiresome comparison between airlines - but is this ranking accepted lore in this forum ?
Apparently not according to several posters in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ess-class.html
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lord knows I have no wish to divert this thread into yet another tiresome comparison between airlines - but is this ranking accepted lore in this forum ?
I see you're a fan of footsie
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Hoch
Perhaps the death of the casual FF is neigh, or greatly exaggerated.
As far as the AAdvantage programme is concerned, AA have more or less already achieved that with the recent changes. Whether intentional or not (and I think not), this would be also be a major blow to pure leisure BAEC status chasers.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:54 am

One way of recouping some of the TPs lost would be flying F Transatlantic instead of J. That would yield 210 TPs instead of 140 and so make up some of the lost TPs on the domestic flights. In the recent sales F has only been around £200 more than J per sector so it needn't be that expensive (and if, like me, you pay for seat selection in J then only about £120 difference).
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'll wait and see what happens.
Nothing lined up on AA after November until Feb/Mar at the earliest and if I end up doing to run and get say 980TP instead of 1220TP, I can live with that. Still a decent return if pricing doesn't overly change for the worse.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Overall, so long as the change is not retrospective, I think we will just adapt and survive.

There will still be TP earning opportunities at £1.50/TP or below, we may just be heading East instead of West
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Fitch
Overall, so long as the change is not retrospective, I think we will just adapt and survive.

There will still be TP earning opportunities at £1.50/TP or below, we may just be heading East instead of West
That's true , but I believe the days of sub 1 USD / TP in the US are gone.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Apparently not according to several posters in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ess-class.html

OK, that gives the spread of opinions I'd expect.

Got to say I'd never recognised the footsie problem Hugolover alludes to, and having been alerted to it I'm baffled that it bothers anyone inured to the intimacy ying-yang seating
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:04 pm

OK, that gives the spread of opinions I'd expect.

Got to say I'd never recognised the footsie problem Hugolover alludes to, and having been alerted to it I'm baffled that it bothers anyone inured to the intimacy ying-yang seating
You don't get to play footsie with the yin-yang though, and the only intimacy is facing a stranger obliquely opposite you for a short time during the safety demo.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NEMMIE
Queen.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
You don't get to play footsie with the yin-yang though, and the only intimacy is facing a stranger obliquely opposite you for a short time during the safety demo.
Silly me - I thought the face-off was from boarding to whenever the screen can be raised.

And as for the footsie business, this always seemed a manufactured complaint: my feet remain blessedly inviolate
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Jamier45
People who have flown first class with say AA or CX or QR who are connecting onto a BA flight may have travelled first class.
This is exactly the reason the Flounge is branded as First. If you fly in on AA in F and connect to a BA CE flight somewhere, there's a "First Class" lounge for you; and BA don't have to worry about crowding out the CCR.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:16 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I would?

You always let me get away with murder😉😉
@:-)@:-)

Effective date is mid February-- I think coinciding with date -W- is first made available for sale by AA (Feb 18th? )
So Darling, what will that mean for people who already have bookings? Will they be re-classified into the new codes do you think?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
So Darling, what will that mean for people who already have bookings? Will they be re-classified into the new codes do you think?
That part would be sheer speculation-- and not even intelligent/informed speculation-- on my part If I hear anything on the subject, I'll surely pass it right along!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yes, so far no confirmation, only speculation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.