Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Worrying trend confirmed? Catering 'enhancements' continued in First...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worrying trend confirmed? Catering 'enhancements' continued in First...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
If they could make a limited range of cocktails on board I'd be happy to drink something other than LPGS. Perhaps I should write to Mr Cruz with a few recipes, starting with a negroni.
..or starting with an Aperol Spritz
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by 81romeo
"We are placed to announce that we are now offering Aperol spritz instead of kir royale. In other news, we have replaced LPGC with prosecco."
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by MOR
You know, if this is the biggest problem in your life, then you should be thanking your lucky stars.
Always one who picks fault with a specific part of a post without noting the rest of it
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
"We are placed to announce that we are now offering Aperol spritz instead of kir royale. In other news, we have replaced LPGC with prosecco."
You can definitively prepare an Aperol Stpitz with LPGS

By the way, some Prosecco or Franciacorta are way better than Castelnau, trust me
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

By the way, some Prosecco or Franciacorta are way better than Castelnau, trust me
I agree, a good prosecco is always better than a bad champagne. ^
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I'm sure he can whip up a sangria for that very special First Class feeling.
Maybe BYO and BoB can be paired.

Buy a bottle in duty free and BA can charge you corkage.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:17 am

They can't in the CCR. My wife asked for one. They didn't know what it was; she explained; and was given a glass of orange juice and a glass of champagne.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Bluebirdnick
They can't in the CCR. My wife asked for one. They didn't know what it was; she explained; and was given a glass of orange juice and a glass of champagne.
In a world of smart phones and google not being able to find something out in private is bizarre.

Just google it under the bar and prepare accordingly!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Flyingturkey
In a world of smart phones and google not being able to find something out in private is bizarre.

Just google it under the bar and prepare accordingly!
That was bad luck! I know the app that some of the guys on the bar use if they're unsure and it's pretty comprehensive, so there should have been no issue. I can only assume she was unlucky and was served by somebody who wasn't used to making cocktails.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
That was bad luck! I know the app that some of the guys on the bar use if they're unsure and it's pretty comprehensive, so there should have been no issue.
I think the main issue would be that the bar is stocked neither with Aperol nor with Campari, so no chance of getting a spritz.

This is not just the CCR by the way. Oh, how I miss the not-so-distant days when BA had Campari in all premium cabins, as well as lounges.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flying_pig
I think the main issue would be that the bar is stocked neither with Aperol nor with Campari, so no chance of getting a spritz.

This is not just the CCR by the way. Oh, how I miss the not-so-distant days when BA had Campari in all premium cabins, as well as lounges.
Oh that might be an issue .

Aperol Spritz is no issue at LH and LX lounges. Despite the 100+ whisky's at ZRH Dock E I still stuck to my usual Aperol Spritz and Mojito Cocktails last week.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
My last F flight was in July on the day flight from Boston. The pre take off champagne seemed a little sharp and when I had a refill after take off noticed it was Castlenau. Although disappointed the rest of the service was very good. Was serving Castlenau in First poor, yes, did it spoil my flight, no.

However I will vote with my wallet if I perceive BA are taking advantage.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well it doesn't stock Irn Bru either and it's far more popular amongst the Brits from the far north. I had to make do with some French sparkling stuff instead of having a Bridgeton Bomber cocktail the last time I was in the CCR.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I suspect you'll both have to forget your Negroni and your Aperol Spritz in favour of a more likely ready made €1.99/litre tetra pak sangria
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.

Wait... BA no longer has Campari on board? (I have not been paying attention apparently.) Or in the lounges? I am either very confused, was very drunk, or was just in a gin mood on my last flights. (Any of those three, or in combination, are possible.)

I mean, it is always negroni season. Harumph.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.