Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Triple Avios Offer - Flying between September 6th - Dec 11th 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Triple Avios Offer - Flying between September 6th - Dec 11th 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Triple Avios Offer - Book and Fly between September 6th - Dec 11th 2016

http://www.ba.com/tripleavios

Make sure you register to get triple the number of avios on all flights with BA, AA, or Iberia between September 6th and December 11 2016.

Last edited by dsk7; Sep 6, 2016 at 4:31 am
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Ah, finally launched, I was waiting for this.

North America routes only, note. (EDIT: it seems not, see below)

Smacks of desperation a bit, they haven't even blocked cheapo fare classes.

However, this is the potentially tricky bit which may well be imposed this time:

"book and fly between 00:01 BST 6 September and 23:59 GMT 11 December 2016"

Last edited by Raffles; Sep 6, 2016 at 4:34 am
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:26 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by Raffles
Ah, finally launched, I was waiting for this.

North America routes only, note.
But it explicitly mentions short haul?

Originally Posted by BA
Qualifying Flights

4) Subject to Clause 6, a Qualifying Flight is a published or corporate negotiated net fare flight in any selling class or cabin on: (i) a BA prefix on a BA long-haul or short-haul operated service
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You could be right, usual dodgy BA wording in the main article - need to send a punctuation guide to Waterside! :

"You can earn triple Avios on all British Airways flights and when you fly with our partners American Airlines, Finnair and Iberia on flights between Europe and North America. The bonus Avios will be awarded before any cabin or tier bonuses on all tickets except reward flights."

but the T&C's are clearer (a bit):

4) Subject to Clause 6, a Qualifying Flight is a published or corporate negotiated net fare flight in any selling class or cabin on: (i) a BA prefix on a BA long-haul or short-haul operated service or (ii) a British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) prefix transatlantic flight operated by BA, AA, IB, AY between the EU, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico (iii) an OpenSkies service from Paris Orly to Newark or New York JFK. The promotion does not apply to travel on flights operated by any other BA franchisees, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:35 am

only for UK residents?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm guessing BA aren't like Hilton and won't apply this to booking within that period that were booked outside of the booking window?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:36 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
It doesn't look dodgy to me, I thought it was remarkably straightforward! All BA services, additional transatlantic services.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:37 am

I'm guessing this won't count for travel during the promo period that was booked before the promo period. Bummer as I have 6 North America flights during the promo period.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: Some
Wow, I think we can surmise IAG are not happy with their numbers for H2 2016. Huge number of Avios and from looking at the T&Cs the least restrictive promotion terms for a long time (e.g. includes almost all TATL ex-EU bookings). Probably enough to get me back into BA TATL premium cabins for a few months.

Worry would be another devaluation is probably not far away with all the Groupon sales etc. recently and now this...

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Sep 6, 2016 at 5:04 am
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: Some
Also, thanks OP!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Not eligible again, and if I were they'd find a way to weasel their way out of it (like they did last time I registered). This will make no difference to my future spending...which incidentally is unlikely to be with BA anyway!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Hey ho - so:

1) glad this was posted here, as no trace of it appeared in my inbox or indeed on the BAEC "My Offers" page when I was signed in.

2) have just cancelled and rebooked those flights booked yesterday!!!

3) it seems we're back to the good old days of the 90's when the single BA marketing solution to any soft forward bookings was "let's World Offer it" for leisure and "double air miles" for business. I remember saying then that someone must have started thinking out of the box when one time they offered TRIPLE air miles instead. I am guessing that person has been brought out of retirement, or possible brought back from being station manager in Vladivostok or somewhere similar ;-)
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Originally Posted by headingwest
Not eligible again, and if I were they'd find a way to weasel their way out of it (like they did last time I registered). This will make no difference to my future spending...which incidentally is unlikely to be with BA anyway!
Same here - registered but not eligible
Attached Images  
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by jouhka
Same here - registered but not eligible
Me too. Ah well onto CX/AA as planned anyway.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Must be UK members only, or perhaps US as well, but for the life of me I can't find a definition of "participating countries" used to define Eligible Participants. EU account denied like that of a couple of posts above this...

Shoddy legal and poor commercial/marketing (BA anywhere, as well as the JV partners trans-atlantic only?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.