Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The end of Diamond Club! [MBNA CC earning ceased 30 Sept, Avios transfer 30 Nov 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The end of Diamond Club! [MBNA CC earning ceased 30 Sept, Avios transfer 30 Nov 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
In my email box this evening is my latest Diamond Club statement, which surprised me a bit. Thought it would come a bit later. I made a few purchases today, so assuming they earn DC miles I will have to transfer them in late October, because they will appear on the next statement.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
If you log into diamondclub.org and hit the transfer now button it takes you to a page on BA.com that actually works and will allow you to transfer.

I've just transferred 3k without issue
I have also transferred my DC points to BA avios with no problem

DC / MBNA have hinted that they will introduce some benefits on the card when we will no longer benefit from ba avios

So I wondered if anyone with some insider knowledge or even a guess as to what the benefits might be
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
10% discount on BA Tickets

Interesting letter from Diamond Club received today, just dated "September 2016". It informs me that Diamond Club will be closing on 30 November! Well I never, fancy that. Who would have guessed?

It also assures me that up to this date I can still use my 10% discount on BA flights. Now this did come as a real surprise to me, as I have never had a 10% discount as I only had the basic card!

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. 👍
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by Raffles
I reckon we're into the last 48 hours if you want to make a transaction and be 100% certain it posts by the 30th.
I really should pay more attention to your posts.

Had missed out on the HMRC options, have though now just paid VAT, PAYE, Corp. Tax & Rates till next year on the card to generate a lot of miles.
Meant a little bit of repeating payments into the card every few days to keep it below it's credit limit but nice little earner.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by antichef
Now this did come as a real surprise to me, as I have never had a 10% discount as I only had the basic card!
Basic card still has access to the portal. Likely a glitch, but I've always used it without issue.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I didnt think the basic card had the 10% discount, only the plus card.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by antichef
I didnt think the basic card had the 10% discount, only the plus card.
As I said, I've never had a problem using it.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
As I said, I've never had a problem using it.
Same here.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Well it was good while it lasted.

IHG paid card on the way. Then will be getting x2virgin free cards, one for each of us and shifting are credit limits from DC over.

cs
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Has anyone had any notification of the new "benefits" for the existing card?

I am leaning towards Amex gold which is currently fee free for the first year and I can then decide what to do about an FFP and whether I still want to stay in BAEC.

Still need a MasterCard though so may just plump for the virgin one as an interim measure unless these new benefits are so good....dream on I hear you cry...
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
I have also transferred my DC points to BA avios with no problem

DC / MBNA have hinted that they will introduce some benefits on the card when we will no longer benefit from ba avios

So I wondered if anyone with some insider knowledge or even a guess as to what the benefits might be
Where did the hint come from?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller

MBNA have said they will be writing to us (I think it was 'in due course') but that will obviously be after the end date for earning which is this Friday

Diamond Club will be closing altogether at end November so unless it's an Avios tie up then not sure what else it could be that would provide an Executive Club angle - only Amex have that currently.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by smala01
Where did the hint come from?
It was in the letter they sent.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've never worked this out or actually been able to calculate my miles accurately.

My 'last' statement was generated today, i front loaded my account with lots of money and paid early on my corporation tax and quarterly VAT bill for sept.

Anyone know when the miles post once statement is generated. And is there a way to see how many avios will post? I know amex tells you on your paper/pdf statement but i couldnt see it on the mbna website or on the paper/pdf statement

Thanks
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
The PDF statement shows you for definite how many will post - it's on p2 for mine, just next to the interest calculation.

MBNA in general are pretty quick to post the points, within a couple of days of the statement normally IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.