Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

New release of ba.com (now partially deployed after long beta test period)

Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
]There is more about it here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...a-testing.html

particularly towards the end.
I'm not a huge fan of it, but I am able to make bookings on it without difficulty, including last night.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 16, 2017 at 6:23 am Reason: circular URL
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:08 am

Still can't make a LHR-GLA RFS booking for 29 December - been like that for c4 weeks now whether it is old design or new design......

Last edited by highlandguy; Aug 16, 2017 at 5:15 am
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC
It seems they have switched to the new design for me at least. As of yesterday, the new design was automatically loaded without the pop-up option (that had been there for months) to opt in or out of the new design.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Various hotel things
I've also got the new design. It's a million times better and so much easier to use. I'm looking forward to the update of the other pages.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by highlandguy
Still can't make a LHR-GLA RFS booking for 29 December - been like that for c4 weeks now whether it is old design or new design......
I've flagged this with the BAOfficial rep and it's being looked into.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by aks120
I hate it - I think it looks cheap and as if if the intern has designed it!
Originally Posted by TheLeisureFlyer
It's a million times better and so much easier to use
As we seem to be getting wildly differing reviews of the same software, I would suggest that further reports and user feedback be qualified with the device/browser being used.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: EasyJet Flight Club
Does anyone know if the redesign is a PWA?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I was fooled by the 'my other bookings' tab as the visible window (laptop/Firefox) prompts me to enter booking reference and surname (the only thing immediately visible)- I had been going to and fro to my exec club page to click through each booking - just realised that I can scroll past the huge 'enter booking reference' and my other bookings are listed below.
I know I am not the best at 'IT' but I am far from the worst- surely the logical order would be 'my other bookings' first on the similarly named tab.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
As we seem to be getting wildly differing reviews of the same software, I would suggest that further reports and user feedback be qualified with the device/browser being used.
I was under the impression this had been under beta testing for months? Surely, with the amount of users and traffic, they should have reached a conclusion on the beta and now rolling it out officially...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I was under the impression this had been under beta testing for months? Surely, with the amount of users and traffic, they should have reached a conclusion on the beta and now rolling it out officially...
More like early Alpha given my experience tonight. Multiple failures to complete a booking payment from hold, needed repeated attempts to allocate seating, no change emails, failed payment transaction resulting in hanging authorisation or perhaps even double charge.

IE 11 page performance is dismal and page load is clearly impacted by all the marketing panels (MMB repeatedly refocus's to the car hire panel etc).

Took an hour to perform the simple action of confirming a held booking and tomorrow more time to get the failed transaction reversed.

Way too much scripted content on pages and looks to be at least two analytics are being used.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
I hate it. Particularly the holiday finder. Old one much better. Any way to still use the old holiday finder ?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I was fooled by the 'my other bookings' tab ... just realised that I can scroll past the huge 'enter booking reference' and my other bookings are listed below....
You are not alone - I was also caught out by this! Is it really also the case that there isn't a "Exit this booking" link anymore (to take you back to the "My Executive Club" page), or am I somehow missing seeing this as well? (running Firefox and Chrome on Windows8).
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As I noted elsewhere a week or so ago, "Print Itinerary" and "Print eTicket" involves a ludicrous number of pages. And, as noted here, the fashionable pale grey font is barely visible when printed.

OK, I'm a luddite for wanting to print stuff, and I know I need to replace my laser printer, but the pagination is utterly ridiculous.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by T8191
As I noted elsewhere a week or so ago, "Print Itinerary" and "Print eTicket" involves a ludicrous number of pages. And, as noted here, the fashionable pale grey font is barely visible when printed.

OK, I'm a luddite for wanting to print stuff, and I know I need to replace my laser printer, but the pagination is utterly ridiculous.
I always print my itinerary
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GinFizz
You are not alone - I was also caught out by this! Is it really also the case that there isn't a "Exit this booking" link anymore (to take you back to the "My Executive Club" page), or am I somehow missing seeing this as well? (running Firefox and Chrome on Windows8).
Likewise, this is a pain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.