Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flybe Reward Flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Flybe Reward Flight

I am looking at booking a SH reward flight saver later this year on Flybe. MAN>AMS return. 9000 Avios + £50ish, which is a good deal I think.

It's not entirely clear when you go through the booking process exactly what the conditions are.

1 checked bag?
Gold able to choose seat at the time of booking?
Priority boarding as a Gold too?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Don't think you can choose seat or get priority boarding but a quick Google search threw up this in respect of the bag - you get a 20kg allowance.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Raffles just did an excellent guide here: http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/08...ints-on-flybe/

In short yes to checked bag, though messages may be mixed. No to seats/priority boarding.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Check how much the cash fare will be, including on other airlines perhaps, as you might find it better value than burning all those Avios and relatively high taxes.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by Schwann
Check how much the cash fare will be, including on other airlines perhaps, as you might find it better value than burning all those Avios and relatively high taxes.
Maybe - but remember that the standard RFS for this would be MAN-LHR-AMS which would be 16k Avios and £70 on an off-peak date, so if Avios rich it is isnt a bad alternative.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You only get the bag if you book via avios.com. You don't via ba.com.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Yep - looked at LCY-CWL return for Mrs Lem and I. Was 18k + £216. Booked direct through FlyBe for £166
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by BA6501
You only get the bag if you book via avios.com. You don't via ba.com.
Yes you do. I posted the link to it in the other thread. You have to scroll right down to the bottom:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

This was found in the comments section on Raffles' blog. I just wish I'd seen it before I went and booked the danged baggage. I'll probably never get my money back now, as Flybe will play the low cost easyJet card of "no refunds".
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:41 pm

I recently flew BOD-BHX-GLA on a reward booking booked through ba.com and although not showing at time of booking we did get 1 20kg hold bag at online check in.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Glad you didn't go ahead and pay for it, thinking you weren't entitled to it. They don't make things easy for us Avios users, do they? You've really got to be able to see around a few corners if you're playing this game.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:10 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Flew MAN-IOM recently with Avios award booking. Both online and email receipt said carryon only, but at online checkin on FlyBE site it showed 20kg..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.