Wiki Posts
Search

Help to Maximize Joker + GUF

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Help to Maximize Joker + GUF

I've been looking at various threads but can't find a clear answer so hopefully someone can help me.

I'm flying HKG-US and then US-LHR and LHR-SIN.

Right now I think I have 2 options:

First Option
HKG-US on CX metal
US-LHR on BA
LHR-SIN on BA

If I fly US-LHR (make a stopover for a couple of weeks), then LHR-SIN, is this considered one trip? Can I use 1 joker and 1 GUF to cover the entire US-LHR//LHR-SIN trip? Or do I need 2 separate jokers and 2GUF?

Second Option
HKG-LHR-US on BA (just transit in LHR)
US-LHR on BA (stopover in LHR)
LHR-SIN on BA

Is this considered 1 round-trip? Can I use 1 joker and 1 GUF for this?

I basically plan to fly my family in F (I'll be on revenue) but rest of family using Avois. So trying to figure out the best way to get them all into F with me.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes for both, not a problem.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes for both, not a problem.
Okay, so either way I do it, I only need 1 GUF and 1 Joker?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You only need one joker and GUF as both will apply to all BA flights in the booking. Obviously the joker/GUF would not be applied to the CX flight.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks... been reading on Jokers... I'm expecting to be first time GGL soon.

Another question on Jokers which is not clear. I understand I can redeem for up to 5 people on the same flight. In the beginners guide here on FT it says 1 joker: Limited to 5 joker seats per cabin per flight

But on this thread I read that only 1 joker for my entire itinerary. Is that correct?

Also, can I have 5 passengers but 3 in one class and 2 in another class?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bagold

Another question on Jokers which is not clear. I understand I can redeem for up to 5 people on the same flight. In the beginners guide here on FT it says 1 joker: Limited to 5 joker seats per cabin per flight

But on this thread I read that only 1 joker for my entire itinerary. Is that correct?

1 Joker is for one booking, and you cannot have people on the same booking if they are travelling in separate classes, that is entirely impossible.

You can book up to 5 people with one joker but the 5 joker max is about the total number of seats booked by anyone using a joker, ie if someone else has already used a joker to book 4 seats in the cabin/flight you want, yours won't be allowed.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc

On Q1 - yes, the two are not incompatible. Use of the one joker on one total route will open up to five seats on a given cabin on a given flight.

On Q2 - I believe the "per cabin" limit means this is a no if you are talking about the same flight - so you want 5 openings, but 3 in J and 2 in F - no dice. On different flights, I would assume this is OK, for example 3 F on one leg, 3 J on another, in fact pretty much mandatory if you're opening up space on a short haul connecting to LH F. That said you could think of lots of weird combos to ask for that I am not covering here.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Just got my GGL status... I thought it comes with 2 Jokers? Under my benefit it says Gold Guest List Redemption (1). So I assume that means only 1 Joker? Can someone help clarify if I'm reading this wrong?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Just got my GGL status... I thought it comes with 2 Jokers? Under my benefit it says Gold Guest List Redemption (1). So I assume that means only 1 Joker? Can someone help clarify if I'm reading this wrong?
I had exactly the same thought when I got GGL for the first time last month. Confirmed with the GGL line that I have 2 jokers to use before the end of EC year.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
You have 2 jokers. The (1) is reference to first award of jokers. Should you reach 6000 TPs you will receive another joker, this will show as Gold Guest List Redemption (2) - but it will be a single joker at 6000 TPs.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Okay, so either way I do it, I only need 1 GUF and 1 Joker?
Yes, if it is for a single traveller. If there is more than one passenger you will need a GUF for each of them. One joker is good for up to 5 passengers in a single booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.