LAX Lounge Question

Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, VS SV, SPG/RITZ Gold
LAX Lounge Question

Hi - arriving LAX Term B on BA283 in J and then departing Term 4 in F five hours later with Mrs LHR and 3 teenage kids. Don't know LAX so would appreciate any recommendations on best lounge option. Thanks all
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:12 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Assuming you are eligible, the LAX Business Lounge in TBIT.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...h-america.html
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Should be fine if all five are in J on BA, Gold would get you the F lounges for yourself and one guest, but not all five

There are also Admirals Club lounges in T4, but they won't be as good for food as the Business lounge. If you're leaving from the satellite terminal at LAX T4 there is aa Admirals Club lounge out there, you may want to set off an hour before the flight and sit there if you get to the satellite quickly. Queues for the satellite bus can be busy in summer, depending on day and time, not worth cutting it too close.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Should be fine if all five are in J on BA, Gold would get you the F lounges for yourself and one guest, but not all five
If you are absolutely charming, you may just get all 5 into the T4 Flagship if it's quiet (which it often is). Though not as good as TBIT First, in terms of food and drink offering, it's still a great lounge overall, very comfortable, good selection of seating options, good light, very restful; and if I was departing from T4 I'd rather use that lounge than the Qantas one, overall.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
sorry wrong post
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
'

Deleted
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: DL DM
If you can access the Qantas lounge in TBIT, I would head there for sure (I guess you would need at least one GGL and one Gold or a few Golds in the group). The connectors make it really simple.

I went through there last week on domestics - landed at T6 (Eagle's Nest) with a connection from T4 - I walked through the underground tunnels though there is also a bus service and then onto TBIT and had a late lunch in the Qantas dining room (delicious) and then relaxed there.

But, T4 to TBIT is like 5 minutes walk and the Qantas lounge is the first thing you come across from the connector in TBIT so extremely easy. No comparison in my opinion to the AA Flagship lounge (which I also stopped in on the way)
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:31 am

One World Business lounge in TBIT is very nice.

I especially like the chocolate brownies, I have mentioned that a few times now on FT!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Irubi
If you can access the Qantas lounge in TBIT, I would head there for sure (I guess you would need at least one GGL and one Gold or a few Golds in the group). The connectors make it really simple.

Connecting on oneworld longhaul J to shorthaul is sufficient for access to the oneworld Business Lounge at TBIT (operated by QF but oneworld branded). Entry to the First lounge would require oneworld Emerald for +1 guest or connection from first. GGL would provide no additional benefit for extra guests.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
I know that this has been posted before but thanks for the reminder as I will be passing through LAX twice next week 😃
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Dubliner1
I know that this has been posted before but thanks for the reminder as I will be passing through LAX twice next week 😃
I am at Qantas F now and will be here again on Tuesday morning. Let me know if you are around for some cocktails
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
Alas, Wednesday and Friday.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by lhrjfkpax
Hi - arriving LAX Term B on BA283 in J and then departing Term 4 in F five hours later with Mrs LHR and 3 teenage kids. Don't know LAX so would appreciate any recommendations on best lounge option. Thanks all
I'm going to give you very specific instruction on using the new ultra-convenient connector between TBIT (Bradley where you will arrive) and AA's T4 at LAX.

You will arrive and go through CBP. Once that is done, you will re-check your luggage. This is a very fast and easy process. The re-check area is just a few steps down the hall from the last Customs checkpoint. Your bags should be already tagged, so just hand over your bags to the uniformed baggage person at the re-recheck. This should be accomplished in seconds. Go on to the arrivals hall.

Here is where you want to look for the security checkpoint within the new connector. Have a look at this message. You might also want to have a look at the Wiki attached to that whole message thread.

The writer of the message is assuming the person is coming from the street, so the reader is advised to turn LEFT to find the connector. You will be coming from the arrivals area, so you want to turn RIGHT to find the connector. Within that connector is a security checkpoint. People writing in that message thread say this "secret" TSA checkpoint is quick and easy.

Go through that checkpoint and you will now be officially airside in the connector. Here you have a choice of lounges. You can go back into TBIT for the oneworld business class lounge, or go over to T4 for the Admirals Club located near Gate 42.

If your kids have excess energy to burn, you might consider taking a long walk through the tunnels connecting T4-T5-T6. Go in the direction of T4 Gate 44, which is not an actual gate. You will see signage for Terminal Transfer. That is where you have a choice of either a transfer bus or the tunnels to get to the other terminals. Look for the tunnel signage, and go in there.

Five hours in a lounge is a lot of time, especially with kids. Exploring the tunnels and other terminals might be fun for them, and not nearly as boring as being cooped up in a lounge with a lot of grownups.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
5 hours! take an uber to In-N-Out or heck maybe even hermosa/manhattan beach or marina del ray.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Sorry I know this has been asked a thousand times but I've read so many things on here now I've got myself all confused again.

I recently visited the QF F lounge flying LAX-JFK in F as a OWS (as an aside, had a great time in this lounge). I am assuming I only got in because of my boarding pass travelling First on the Transcon, as opposed to my OW Sapphire status.

With this in mind, my next flight is LAX-JFK again but this time in J, but I am then connecting on to JFK-LHR on BA F the next day at 8pm (so 12 hours after landing into JFK) - would that qualify for entry into the QF F lounge?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.