Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Musical Chairs and how to get 4 J Seats for the price of 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Musical Chairs and how to get 4 J Seats for the price of 2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Seat Swapping multiple times during flight

Well, it all happens on the HYD flight, this time my return back to LHR the other day.

Boarding, older couple sitting in 3D and E settling in, wife goes down the plane and gets a baby from another family member sitting somewhere else, baby goes back before taxi. After I wake up from a few hours rest, there is a younger man and female asleep in the same seats...odd. I ask one of the CC and it appears that had not noticed the seat swapping, and said they would now have to stay put. 2 hours before landing the original pax are back in their seats.

Nice way to maximize the families rest...and flight costs....

Last edited by lavajava; Jul 29, 2016 at 6:09 am Reason: misleading title
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
That's not 4 for the price of 2 though - that's just people swapping (which they shouldn't do without the permission of the crew)
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
That's not 4 for the price of 2 though - that's just people swapping (which they shouldn't do without the permission of the crew)
I stand corrected misleading title amended.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Nothing wrong with swapping seats inflight as long as it doesn't disturb other customers.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Not between WT and CW though, right? The younger couple and baby were in WT, the CC confirmed that when she said they would now have to stay put.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Whatever happens the baby stays in WT, I would allow the couples to swap inflight but no more than a couple of times and only if they weren't disturbing other customers.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: Complete Pleb, former BAEC Gold, former MH Silver
Ah the HYD flight - its a bit of a zoo.

Every passenger seems to have their full entitlement of hand luggage (which lets face it isn't expected and planes can't actually cope with).

Several times I've seen people take other's roll-aboard cases out of overhead lockers, just to place their own (same size) in then just leave the other case in the aisle.

I also saw a passenger sat in the crew jump seat, politely asked to find their seat 3 times and still not budge an inch until the crew actually made them!

It's a crazy world (especially down the back!).
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Pretty smart of them if you ask me.

I've seen this happen before. A man and woman swapped J/Y seats a couple of times on a long overnight flight.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:45 am

Not on BA, but on a recent AA JFK-BDA we saw a man in Y swap seats (with the permission of the crew) with another member of his party in F just before the meal service. He had her meal and then afterwards they swapped back again. I guess she didn't want her meal... Same party was also on our flight back but they all stayed put that time.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
What isn't clear to me from your OP: did they disturb you?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
What isn't clear to me from your OP: did they disturb you?
No disturbance, it was merely an observation. I have heard of seat swapping once (after speaking to the crew), just not multiple times. I kinda agree with Hiddy, quite clever but expect CC will have varying opinions if this is allowed.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
I imagine there is more disturbance from the tutting of certain passenger types...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.