Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Transport from LPA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Advice on Transport from LPA

I am burning some Avios at the end of August, taking me and the boy to Gran Canaria. I have booked flight on Avios and Hotel on Hotels.com but could do with advice on transport.

The hotel is in Mogan, about 55km from the airport (about as far away as you can get!!). I have mailed the hotel and asked if they do airport transfers but not got a reply.

Does anyone know if the best option is to just grab a taxi (if so any idea on cost) or are there better options?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
best to get this moved to the Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar forum where you'll get a more localised response, i've flagged for a mod so it should be moved soonish
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You are in luck.

There is a bus service to Puerto de Mogán every 20 or 30 minutes, and it costs 7€

Bus timetable here for route 1:
http://www.globalsu.es/es/descargar_pdf.php?n=15
(PDF download).

This is the main service to the town, which is fairly quick to get to, and in the other direction it goes anticlockwise around to Mogán. The bus stop is on the departures level, so that's up one level from arrivals, and the airport information desk can help. The buses are airconditioned and reasonably comfortable provided they don't get too full. I would still get a bottle of water from the airport, it is quite a long ride. The bus station in Las Palmas city - if you go from there - is a bit of a zoo but it's well laid out. At the airport you just need to watch out for Ligne 1 / Mogán (as opposed to the more popular direction into the town centre).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
Try http://www.suntransfers.com/

I've used them in southern Europe a lot. Reliable service and decent cars.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Is there anything you don't know, CWS? Impressive!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I really like LPA, actually. It's a good airport, BA has lounge access with good apron views and Las Palmas old city is both interesting and has fantastic places to eat and drink. The hotels are fairly cheap off season, the weather is more-or-less guaranteed to be good, so worth considering for a long weekend.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Good apron views? It's an outdoor terrace!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: IHG Gold
If it's anything like Tenerife, then renting a car for a couple of days would probably work out cheaper than a transfer...

signol
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by bradders81
Try http://www.suntransfers.com/

I've used them in southern Europe a lot. Reliable service and decent cars.
Thanks - they seem a reasonable price

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.