Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for UK travellers wanting to register for US Global Entry....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news for UK travellers wanting to register for US Global Entry....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Just got my pre-approval for GE.

Started application via UK Home Office on the 12th September, submitted my GE request on 14th September and was approved overnight UK time 21st/22nd September.

Earliest London appointments are now 4th November.

Adey
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
So which is it?
Phone or no phone?

Was planning on bringing a small carrier type bag with my documentation, and my phone, keys, bank cards and cash in my trouser pockets.

The chemist seems to open at 8:30am and my appointment is around that time.

Added: OK, it seems phones are fine. iPads are fine along as they don't have a keyboard - are they expecting hacking attempts or something?

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/niv-london/

Last edited by xenole; Sep 22, 2016 at 8:30 am
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:56 am

Yes, phones are fine.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just got my pre-approval and snagged one of the last appointments on the 4th
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
Approval came through tonight - appointment in London on 4th Nov (the last one that day) - they were showing availability the following week if it helps anyone.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Got hugely lucky. Pre-approval came through at the end of last week, booked for 23 November. Checked again this Tuesday - brought forward to next Thursday, a day I'm in central London anyway.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Quarky Quark
I am a bit late to the party, applied for a UK access code yesterday, got that this morning and have submitted my application for GE via GOES. Will advise once I get approved, hoping to nab a London apt before my next TATL.
Received conditional approval this morning, and now ARRRGH there are no London appointments available! Very frustrating.

Oh well, I'll keep checking I'm confident something will open up before too long.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Got my Global Entry approval after interview in Anchorage on Friday. Status changed on website immediately and now I can apply for TSA Pre-check.

I was glad I paid for it after spending more than 1h at Seattle last week. 4-5 big planes arrived just before mine and there was a huge queue to passport control. Global entry members were going straight through and there was no waiting time for them.

Funny thing, woman at GE Center said she haven't seen anyone with so many countries visited in last 5 years. And I'm not that heavy traveller at all. Maybe they don't get too many foreigners in Anchorage Center.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:07 am

Had anyone had one in London yet?
Would be nice to know if there are queues, appointments on time, how long etc.

Got mine next Monday morning and then a train and drive to work afterwards so don't want to be hanging around more than necessary.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Got my Global Entry approval after interview in Anchorage on Friday. Status changed on website immediately and now I can apply for TSA Pre-check.
You do not need to apply for TSA pre-check it comes automatically with Global Entry. To utilise TSA Pre-check just make sure your Global Entry id number is entered into the Known Traveller number on your booking. Airlines that are enrolled in TSA Precheck all provide this field in Manage My booking.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Ok, thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Now that there are no more London appointments available, out of curiosity how often were people checking GOES to see if anything popped up? Right now I check probably twice a day which hopefully isn't too OCD.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:37 am

I've heard of people checking every 15 minutes for some places!

I was checking 4-5 times a day (morning, lunch, afternoon, evening, late evening) for a few days and found my first one in London after 10:30pm at night (booked MIA at first but kept checking for either BOS or London). A load had opened up in London that weren't there say 3 hours beforehand.
A few days later, after someone mentioned it here, dozens of slots for Sept and Oct appeared and I grabbed an earlier appointment - probably wouldn't checked again already having one in London but getting it over 2 weeks earlier was a bonus.)

No idea if there's a specific time such as early morning or late at night they update things or if it's just blind luck.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
Had anyone had one in London yet?
Would be nice to know if there are queues, appointments on time, how long etc.

Got mine next Monday morning and then a train and drive to work afterwards so don't want to be hanging around more than necessary.
I've got mine tomorrow morning so I will post here afterwards to let you know!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Quarky Quark
Now that there are no more London appointments available, out of curiosity how often were people checking GOES to see if anything popped up? Right now I check probably twice a day which hopefully isn't too OCD.
I was checking 3 times a day initially, then gave up and booked an appointment in Boston as I was going to be there in November.
I then carried on checking once a day in the hope of more London spots appearing, without any luck, but actually found out in this thread that more appointments were available in London! I rescheduled very quickly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.