Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for UK travellers wanting to register for US Global Entry....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news for UK travellers wanting to register for US Global Entry....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I got my provisional approval in March whilst on holiday in HNL. I had another holiday to the States booked for June but the earliest appointment I could get was mid July which turned out to be OK. London appointments are great news.

As an aside my interview was one of the friendliest I have had.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I'll add this: I've already gone through the five-year renewal. I did it all online and did not need an interview. It did cost me another $100, though, but that's OK with me.

I am a US Citizen and nothing much had changed in my record. Same address, same employment, no skirmishes with The Law.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
How long does it usually take from submitting the application to getting approval?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by JimEddie
How long does it usually take from submitting the application to getting approval?
It took 20 days from application to conditional approval when I applied in June (2nd to 22nd June). I then had my appointment last Friday at JFK.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
Originally Posted by Rubecula

As an aside my interview was one of the friendliest I have had.
^ +1
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GeeMac
I applied last November, paid the £42 but heard nothing back, nor received a "UK Access Code".

This has nicely prompted me to check up on the status.^

I fear I may have to re-apply, but I'm hesitant to stump up another £42.
Circling back...........
I received my UK Access Code via email today^
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by GeeMac
Circling back...........
I received my UK Access Code via email today^
maybe UKBA is watching this thread!!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
[DELETED]

Found the answer.

Last edited by FastTrak2Elite; Jul 29, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: BAEC SILVER, AEROPLAN back of the bus
Originally Posted by aidy
no difference whatso ever, unless you are also a Canadian PR and you can go for Nexus
Canadians who get NEXUS automatically get GE as well - there is a joint interview with Canadian and U.S. border agents. Best 50 bucks I ever spent. Arriving at YYZ is a nightmare, it once took me 1.5 hours to get through Immigration, the place was woefully understaffed, overheated and utterly miserable, so NEXUS is brilliant. Have used GE at BOS which I didn't realize was just as bad as YYZ for queueing times - AND an enormous queue to exit the baggage hall - only by chance did I spot the GE exit lane.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Being a bit thick here, where do you apply?
Had a look at the Home Office website and unless I've missed something, I can't see anything other than UK Visas or is that it?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
See the links in the wiki in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1...d-threads.html
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by xenole
Being a bit thick here, where do you apply?
Had a look at the Home Office website and unless I've missed something, I can't see anything other than UK Visas or is that it?
Also have a look here: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...er-open-london

Paragraph 5 has a link to the GOV.UK page to get a UK background check so that you can apply for the Global Entry scheme
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
See the links in the wiki in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1...d-threads.html
Found that just now. Not clear at all on the Gov.uk / Home Office website.

Done. Now to see what happens.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC, FlyingBlue, IHG Gold Amb, Kimpton whatever
Grr, the site is now telling me that there are no available appointments in london - not just say 6 months down the line - nope - not possible to schedule something in London. V annoyed - I managed to lock myself out of my account yesterday by trying to change my password and using something that wasn't acceptable to the system 3 times (weird), and now... I'm left with an appointment in April in Boston which is just something picked at random which I am 99% sure I won't be able to go to.

If anyone sees that appointments have opened up again in London, I'd be grateful for a shout!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:03 am

Did the Home Office application yesterday morning and got the code this morning.
Now to see if I can actually get an appointment after going through the GOES site. I assume you pay the $100 then and there and not once they accept you and ask you to book an appointment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.