Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

My trip of a lifetime starts in 30 hours - thanks Flyertalk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My trip of a lifetime starts in 30 hours - thanks Flyertalk

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Hope your children are quiet and very well behaved as there is also lots about little people on FT BAEC!

Seriously, have a great time and feel great in the air!
Ha, ha! They are 11 and 8 years old and have been severely WARNED that if they don't behave themselves...they will be vilified on flyertalk!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JustTheOne
I'd even recommend it for a non-rainy day! We were there in July 2013 when there were two BA 787s on the factory floor, G-ZBJC (on stand) and G-ZBJD (in the hanger). I had a special Flyertalk Moment of Joy when we turned up for a LHR-EWR flight a few months later and I realised that our aircraft was one of the two we'd previously seen on the production line...
Yep, it's on the list of to-do things. One of the consequences on getting in to the Avios-habit is that I have become a bit of an aircraft geek
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Sounds like a great trip. Feel free to post a trip report to key us all know how it went.
What with the quality of the trip reports on here it is a little daunting, but I promise to have a go.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Thank you, but in the interests of full disclosure, I'm actually cheating just a little - after running the marathon there four times, I'm going from the sublime to the ridiculous by only doing the 5k this year, so hopefully not too much encouragement needed! Of course, this allows much more latitude for drinking in some of San Fran's pubs . It's a wonderful city - you've doubtless been before, but if not I can guarantee parts of it will capture your heart and you'll want to return.
No never been. Pipe dream until now. We are going to do a bike ride around the bay, go to Alcatraz but we haven't actually planned too much. Don't want it to be one mad rush from place to place - want to take our time and take it all in. Having a beer or two sounds a good idea though! Not there 'til 10th Aug - so will we catch your sporting endeavour?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:20 am
cjd

Originally Posted by JonTY1
Ha, ha! They are 11 and 8 years old and have been severely WARNED that if they don't behave themselves...they will be vilified on flyertalk!
If they are like my grandchildren, who are 10 and 7, they will be engrossed on the entertainment available and sleep the rest of the time! Took them to Los Angeles and San Diego last year and they were no problem at all. The children loved everything about the holiday, especially Santa Monica pier and both Disney parks. Enjoy your amazing journey. Love that drive down the PCH. Was in LA at the weekend - great weather.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Great job and a nice looking trip. I might bump into you in the CCR on Thursday when flying to ORD as part of my Yellowstone trip.

Ex-DUB, First and UUA all would have seemed a distant fantasy a few years ago.

Enjoy Seattle, I had a great time there for New Year 14/15.
I will be in there early, about 7am, heading for breakfast. Flight 9.45am so hopefully will see you in there.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
This sounds a fantastic trip, so hope we will hear and see more of it whilst enjoying the sites, and hopefully some photos as well^
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I hope your kids love Seattle - mine certainly do & they're a similar age.

I can highly recommend the science museum, the 1950's monorail and the view from the top of the Space Needle, especially if you get a clear day.

Have a great trip.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by BA5E
This sounds a fantastic trip, so hope we will hear and see more of it whilst enjoying the sites, and hopefully some photos as well^
Definitely - we want to hear all about it! I went to the West Coast for the first time in May and absolutely loved it.

Have a fantastic holiday.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:06 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JonTY1
No never been. Pipe dream until now. We are going to do a bike ride around the bay, go to Alcatraz but we haven't actually planned too much. Don't want it to be one mad rush from place to place - want to take our time and take it all in. Having a beer or two sounds a good idea though! Not there 'til 10th Aug - so will we catch your sporting endeavour?
Well, luckily for you you'll miss the sweaty Brit trying to run along The Embarcadero! I'm leaving Paris this Thursday, the race is Sunday, and I'm coming back the following week.

I've been to San Fran about 20 times, and still not seen all of it. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like some suggestions - I've done all the touristy bits by now, I think, and can suggest lots of places that aren't so obvious as well.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
It certainly used to be the case that you had to book well in advance for Alcatraz, so bear that in mind. Myself & Mrs Swiss didn't realise this so just had to settle for sailing past at some distance!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Sounds like a fantastic trip! Hope that you realise that you will now need several more lifetimes to do more great trips!

Have a wonderful time and I look forward to your report!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Have a fantastic trip😄🎉😄 Enjoy BA First😄
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I also did the PCH at Christmas this year. Our favorite spot was Morrow Bay, it was lovely!
I also did the PCH but it was the extreme northern chunk, which was seriously grueling driving. You've got to be really careful not to underestimate the distances there.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:14 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I love seeing these kinds of posts.

Sounds like a dream vacation and I hope you enjoy it out here!!!!

I am from Oregon but have resided in Arizona for the last 4 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.